LG 32x to 40x flashing

I have the GCE-8320B (2MB buffer version) with the 1.04 firmware. I tried to flash it with the 8400B’s 1.02 firmware. It all went OK, but Nero only allowed to burn at 40x (only available recording speed). Does anyone knows how I can flash the firmware and have all speeds available?

Thanks.

Nero only shows the MAX speed our machine can record. There’s a REG fix around for that showing you the REAL burning speed.

If the problem is in the speed selection, I don’t know, but well, the max speed is available :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you supply the reg fix you talked about?
Thanx.

The path using RegEdit is this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder

I believe that this key is the one:
ShowSingleRecorderSpeed

It has a 0 for default…change it for a 1
If it doesn’t work please revert it back to 0 to avoid any unknown problem.

Can’t find that key :frowning: Are you sure that is the right key? Please check it out and tell us.

Thanx.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder

ShowSingleRecorderSpeed

If you don’t have, create it.

vio_man,

How did you get version 1.02? I also have the LG 8320B and I updated the firmware to 1.01 (which I though it was the right one). :confused:

If it is really 1.02, where did you get it?

Maybe that’s the reason you get only 40x…

You can download the latest firmware from LG. You can download the 1.02 firmware here: http://www.lge.co.kr/library/opendata.jsp?p_name=GCE-8400B102.zip

Thanks. I’ll go check it out.
:slight_smile:

BetrayerX: The SingleRecorderSpeed key does nothing.

This is the right DWORD key:

UseStaticWriteSpeedTable=dword:00000001

Thnx dude… as I said I didn’t remember well. Apreciated :stuck_out_tongue:

Bah, that last registry key didn’t solved the problem. It was supplied by Ahead.

I’m betting your looking at the speed without any media in your drive. Try putting in a blank cd and check again.

ken: Already know that :bigsmile:. The problem occurs when no CD is inserted. Nero should display all recording speeds. I don’t if the problem is caused by the flashing or it’s a Nero bug.

Well, the key I posted IS the right key, I verified on some other sites, but it doesn’t seem to work anymore with the recent versions of Nero.

The other key shows reading speed.

On other topics. I’m getting frustrated to see my recorder burn almost all CDs at 16X speed. Some to 32X and some to 40X.

I wanted to know if someone bothered on trying the 1.01 firmware to compare if it runs better than 1.02. Thnx in advance.