LG 22NP20 In A Pair

My old CD/DVD burner died on the weekend, so I went out and purchased two of the above LG burners.

Installed them in my XP Pro SP 3 system with PNP enabled, loaded the software that came with the drives (Nero & Cyberlink) which I promptly got rid of, as I don’t like Nero, and already have Cyberlink on my system.

Each drive works fine as a stand-alone, but I am unable to get them to work together (as in read from one and write to the other). Have tried the Prassi burner, but I suspect that one is problematic with two drives anyways, and Imgburn, which I thought could handle it, and it can’t.

No error messages generated, but Imgburn fills its buffer, and the program just sits there after that…

I’m hoping it’s a setting or something simple I’ve neglected to do, but, I AM stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.

OC

:slight_smile:

Hi,

have you made sure, the jumpers are adjusted correctly?
Additionally, this could be a problem with Windows not being able to deal with two identical drives.
If might be worth to try flashing one of these drives with another (newer or older) firmware.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2307350]Hi,

have you made sure, the jumpers are adjusted correctly?
Additionally, this could be a problem with Windows not being able to deal with two identical drives.
If might be worth to try flashing one of these drives with another (newer or older) firmware.

Michael[/QUOTE]

One is set on Master, and the other on Slave…found out the hard way my system doesn’t support Cable Select…also, the IDE cable to the MOBO is 80 pin also…

Will try the differing firmware idea, and see if that helps…(they’re both currently on v1.04, which is higher than I’ve found on the web, so shouldn’t be too hard to downgrade one of them…)

Thanks for the idea…in case this fails, got any others?

OC

[QUOTE=OCanada;2307360]
Thanks for the idea…in case this fails, got any others?
[/QUOTE]Disconnect one drive and test it. Then do the same with the other one. You should do that before you start playing with the firmware. Just to sort out if one of these two drives is bad.

Another thought: What IDE controller is present on your motherboard?

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2307371]Disconnect one drive and test it. Then do the same with the other one. You should do that before you start playing with the firmware. Just to sort out if one of these two drives is bad.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Motherboard is an ASUS P5VDC-MX with VIA P4M800 Chipset (Northbridge) and VIA VT8251 (SouthBridge).

The mixed drive firmwares was a good idea that didn’t work…well, almost…using DVDFab with the VSO burn engine, Drive 0 read the disc OK…Drive 1 got as far as writing the lead-in to the blank, then stopped and didn’t continue - system not frozen, just nothing happening…

I checked Fab for data storage errors, etc., and all there OK.

OC

[QUOTE=mciahel;2307371]Disconnect one drive and test it. Then do the same with the other one. You should do that before you start playing with the firmware. Just to sort out if one of these two drives is bad.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help…looks like one of the drives is defective…it’s going back tomorrow, so I’ll see what the store has to say.

Next time (if ever) you have a DVDFab question, come and see me on the Fab forum here at CDF, and I’ll try to return the favor.

OC

[QUOTE=OCanada;2307545]Thanks for your help…[/quote]You’re Welcome :slight_smile:

looks like one of the drives is defective…it’s going back tomorrow, so I’ll see what the store has to say.
ok. See if you can get a Optiarc AD-7200 series drive as replacement :wink: These are the better general use drives. :iagree:

Next time (if ever) you have a DVDFab question, come and see me on the Fab forum here at CDF, and I’ll try to return the favor.
Thanks.:slight_smile: I am a real beginner in DVD backups, so there might be a good chance;)

cheers,
Michael