LG 20x dvd burner GH20NS10 $25 + ship newegg

vbimport

So newegg finally has the GH20NS drive
Link

I’m probably going to get one. :slight_smile:

one of the fastest burner on the market, LG lead in/out time is probably the fastest I’ve seen, that’s where they cut the burning time. Results aren’t bad either, it’s quality is on par with pioneer.

Please stop posting these deals… :bigsmile:

Take your time before you buy there is a new 22X LG and Samsung burners coming out before summer.

I don’t think we’ll see it anytime soon in the states. There’s been a huge lage latley for a lot of the new drives, this LG and the pio 215 took forever to become widely available.

I have it from a pretty reliable source that these drives will be available sometime this summer in the USA. The thing that really bothers me is that it will only burn at 22X with very, very few media codes.:wink:

I have had this drive for quite some time now, I like it but it is nothing to get excited about, for the price it is a good deal if you need a new drive. Wait for the 22x:iagree:

Do we know yet if the 22x LG will use the Panasonic chipset?

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2040000]Do we know yet if the 22x LG will use the Panasonic chipset?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is Panasonic chipset :slight_smile:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/lg-gh22n-l-results-discussion-242448/

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2040020]Yes it is Panasonic chipset :slight_smile:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/lg-gh22n-l-results-discussion-242448/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link
looking at those scans:rolleyes:, I think I’ll pass. Maybe SATA will be better.

yikes and runs away from that one…

[quote=jamescooley1;2040057]Thanks for the link
looking at those scans:rolleyes:, I think I’ll pass. Maybe SATA will be better.[/quote]I think the Samsung will be SATA 22X.

Samsung’s new SH-S223 drive supports the SATA interface, the dominant interface for PCs.

[QUOTE=Bob;2040061]yikes and runs away from that one…[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2040067]I think the Samsung will be SATA 22X.

Hey, thanks a bunch alan:clap:

[quote=alan1476;2040067]I think the Samsung will be SATA 22X.[/quote]Since I can’t even burn at 20x with the media I have, I’d really rather have something that reads at 22x. :iagree:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2039998]I have had this drive for quite some time now, I like it but it is nothing to get excited about, for the price it is a good deal if you need a new drive. Wait for the 22x:iagree:[/QUOTE]

:iagree: I’ll hold out for the Samsung 22x drives but wait I haven’t gotten my Pioneer 215 yet. :frowning:

[QUOTE=DVD_ADDICT;2040193]:iagree: I’ll hold out for the Samsung 22x drives but wait I haven’t gotten my Pioneer 215 yet. :([/QUOTE]

You have to get a Pio 215:iagree::clap:

Can’t wait for the new 22x media…I mean the 20x media…I mean the 18x media…are we still stuck at 16x media? :doh:

[QUOTE=negritude;2040271]Can’t wait for the new 22x media…I mean the 20x media…I mean the 18x media…are we still stuck at 16x media? :doh:[/QUOTE]

hahaha :clap:

Somebody at Samsung forum mentioned someting about putting the carriage before the horse :bigsmile:

Seriously though :

Samsung can’t even get the 20X burning quality right . Panasonic TYG03 burns have high PIE near the edge , so 22X much be higher while LiteOn 20X burns give perfect scans with very low PIE/PIF/Jitter

Its all marketing, so that everyone can upgrade to the latest and greatest. But, we here at CDfreaks know better. :smiley: