Lexar 1 Gig Jump Drive

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Lexar JumpDrive Secure II 1GB. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]I accidently deleated all of the files from this jump drive when I went to format it. Is there any way that I can reformat this jump drive and restore the files making this jump drive usable again? Please help as this was a gift, it has more sentimental value than anything, it was a birthday gift from my son who lives in Michigan, and Im stuck in Illinois. Any help would be greatly appreciated

First of all, don’t attempt to write anything on that drive until you are fininshed trying to recover files from it.

You may be able to recover files from the drive by running a recovery program such as e.g. Recuva or PC INSPECTOR File Recovery. Both of these are free and there are also other similar programs, some of which you have to pay for.

You should save any recovered files elsewhere (not on the Lexar drive), and when you have recovered as much as you can, then you can copy the recovered files back on the Lexar drive.

The more you have written to the drive after formatting it, the less chance you have of recovering the deleted files.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile: