Let's hear it for spontaneous error!

vbimport

Hey all!
I’m new the whole writing for help on forums thing but I’m outta ideas for my problem.

My laptop (Asus A6J) had a spat which I fixed (back to working mode anyway) but i just tried to burn a dvd and it won’t even let me copy files to the blank dvd.
I have, of course, misplaced the original disc that came with my laptop and was hoping it’d be easy to download a driver or something.
It’s a TSSTcorp cd/dvdw ts-l632l.

My main question is: does anyone know what the problem would most likely be? My device manager says the hardware is fine and working and I can play dvds and cds. Is the burning part of it controlled by a seperate driver?
Thanks for any help
ELF

[QUOTE=elfbaggins;2033844]Hey all!
I’m new the whole writing for help on forums thing but I’m outta ideas for my problem.

My laptop (Asus A6J) had a spat which I fixed (back to working mode anyway) but i just tried to burn a dvd [B]and it won’t even let me copy files to the blank dvd. [/B]
I have, of course, misplaced the original disc that came with my laptop and was hoping it’d be easy to download a driver or something.
It’s a TSSTcorp cd/dvdw ts-l632l.

My main question is: does anyone know what the problem would most likely be? My device manager says the hardware is fine and working and I can play dvds and cds. Is the burning part of it controlled by a seperate driver?
Thanks for any help
ELF[/QUOTE]

You cannot unless you install a PROPER burning app like Nero.

Hello elf, welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

Try chef’s advice, use something like Nero to burn a disc, and if it fails, Nero will give you the option to save an error log. Then you can post it here for us to have a look at - it’ll tell us a lot about what’s going wrong during the burn and various system settings etc. :slight_smile:

Do you have anything like Alcohol or Daemon Tools installed on your laptop? As these can cause similar problems (which can be fixed by adjusting settings within the software).

:slight_smile:

Thanks all so much! Turns out that was the problem, cause I didn’t have nero back on there. Now it’s working again! Thanks heaps for your help! :):bigsmile:

Hehe, glad it’s up and running now! :bigsmile: