Lets fix this liteon problem as a forum

vbimport

Ok Guys i hate to say this but i have some CHEAP Sony drive that came with some micron pc. i have a liteon 241040b an no matter what i tried it wouldnt work i also have a acer 8432 and it wouldnt work. SO after 11 cds lost on NWN and now WC3 i put WC in my cheap Sony drive and clicked on securomnew in clony saved it to the profiles in cloneCD and 20 mins later im chilling with a backup of WC3 im not mad i got it to copy im just mad that my liteon wouldnt do it. im beginning to think it may be more to it than JUST clone not working it may be drive BATCH related. becuase some liteon oners can copy it and some cant what we need to start asking from both owners are what bios are you using what program did you use if clone what verion what were the settings. so forth and so on. and not just get the standard oo it worked for me and im so coll responce. i know at least 75-85% of the people here got some kind of help from this forum so give back and lets get this problem taken care of and spit in the face on sony hahahaha. :smiley:

Originally posted by BigTy
Ok Guys i hate to say this but i have some CHEAP Sony drive that came with some micron pc. i have a liteon 241040b an no matter what i tried it wouldnt work i also have a acer 8432 and it wouldnt work. SO after 11 cds lost on NWN and now WC3 i put WC in my cheap Sony drive and clicked on securomnew in clony saved it to the profiles in cloneCD and 20 mins later im chilling with a backup of WC3 im not mad i got it to copy im just mad that my liteon wouldnt do it. im beginning to think it may be more to it than JUST clone not working it may be drive BATCH related. becuase some liteon oners can copy it and some cant what we need to start asking from both owners are what bios are you using what program did you use if clone what verion what were the settings. so forth and so on. and not just get the standard oo it worked for me and im so coll responce. i know at least 75-85% of the people here got some kind of help from this forum so give back and lets get this problem taken care of and spit in the face on sony hahahaha. :smiley:

You should upgrade CloneCD to newest version, old ones had some flaws which results in non-working secuorm-new handling on LiteOn drives.

yeah i though that would fix the problem but in MY case it didnt

SO after 11 cds lost on NWN
hehe http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=276717#post276717

well i recommend u try CD MATE that worked for me when clone cd would not from a backup copy (securom new)

also when u use cd mate make sure u use tha wizard and click tha securom 1/2 and it will set up which options u need to check, then all u have to do is read image to hard drive then burn it back onto a cd-r.

i have a lite-on 24102b firmware 5S5A