Lest We Forget

vbimport

“Lest We Forget,” interesting phrase, isn’t it? A group of ordinary Canadian men and women over the years have fought for the values which this country of ours was born and raised on. “Lest We Forget,” some of them gave everything they had including their lives believing in those values. “Lest We Forget,” any government of this great nation, (Canada), who starts giving up on those values and selling this country out is saying to those brave men and women, “We Forgot,” because we just don’t care. Any government past or present can political speak all they want, but by their actions have shown repeatedly, “We Forgot,” we can do anything we want and we don’t care. So, on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, my family and I suspect a majority of Canadians will not forget and we will pay tribute to those that fought, to those that fought and died because “Lest We Forget.” I also suspect that a minority will either forget or just plain not care. I think we as Canadians should start looking for people who will speak up for Canada and not just political speak to get voted into a position of authority, from then on doing what’s best for them before it’s too late or this country will wake up one day and everyone will have forgotten. “Lest We Forget,” interesting phrase, isn’t it? I write this sitting safely at my kitchen table, thank you to all those who have made and continue to make that possible, including first responders.

"In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place: and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the dead: Short days ago,
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved: and now we lie
In Flanders fields!

Take up our quarrel with the foe
To you, from failing hands, we throw
The torch: be yours to hold it high
If ye break faith with us who die,
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields"

“Composed at the battlefront on May 3, 1915 during the second battle of Ypres, Belgium, By Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae.”

http://www.flandersfieldsmusic.com/thepoem.html