Lemony Snickett

vbimport

Hello,
I’m having problems backing up Lemony Snickett’s a Series of Unfortunate Events, Region 2/4 UK Rental. I have the latest version of AnyDVD (5.9.6.3 as of writing) but if I use DVDShrink 3.2 or DVD Decryptor through AnyDVD then I get an IO error (or Cyclic redundancy check error).

Any ideas?

I suggest you read the forum rules

Where?
If you’re talking about piracy then I only rip DVDs to watch on my media center PC, as it can’t play direct from DVD, it just hangs after 5 mins or so.

we can’t assist in bypassing protection on rental dvds.

@ Crundy,

As suggested by Forum Member haveacigar you need to closely review the CD Freaks Forum Rules (http://club.cdfreaks.com/announcement.php?f=88&announcementid=37).

Attempting to make a copy of a rental Commercial DVD Movie Title that you do not legally own clearly exceeds any “Fair Use”.

If your rental copy of a Commercial DVD Movie Title fails to play correctly in a DVD device by definition this particular Commercial DVD Movie Title is defective and should be returned to the rental store and request a refund or another rental copy.

The “It Just Hangs After 5 Mins Or So” symptom is a clear indication that this particular Commercial DVD Movie Title contains a manufacturing defect and the correct remedy is to return this particular Commercial DVD Movie Title back to the rental store.

As pointed out by Forum Member reasonsnotrules CD Freaks Forum Members are not going to assist anyone in bypassing any copy protection schemes on rental Commercial DVD Movie Titles.

Best Regards,
bjkg

alternatively, maybe you should be troubleshooting your media center PC since it’s not much of a media center if it can’t play dvds correctly…

Like early in the last post… 45% Back-up rental/50% back-up Free Library rental 5% Back-up with customer who actually buy the movie.

I think anydvd should come up with a rental block. When you put a rental or a libary own DVD in your drive anydvd won’t read it. That would put a small wrench delay on illegal rental burn DVD.

Rental does have a metallic sticker on them when Anydvd pick up on the metallic sticker it shouldn’t read the disc. :cop:

but that won’t happen this forum would shrink-up if they did that.

thing is… what would happen if someone wanted to back up a dvd they bought second hand from a rental company?

alternatively, maybe you should be troubleshooting your media center PC since it’s not much of a media center if it can’t play dvds correctly…

I know :frowning: It started when I upgraded the NVidia DVD decoder, which fixed one problem but caused this one. They haven’t released another update yet. I initially tried using Cyberlink, which was crap (bad shaky picture) and the Nero decoder didn’t let me fast forward.

OK, if no-one can help then I’ll have to fish out my actual DVD player from the loft! Thanks anyway.

What about this scenario, you own the movie but it is in such bad shape that you copy a rental for backup? That’s stretching “Fair Use” quite a lot isn’t it?

@uglyinthemornin It wouldn’t shrink up a little, it would be almost non-existent. :iagree: