Legally Blonde 2

Would appreciate any help backing up this DVD. I am using AnyDVD 3.2.0.1 and CloneDVD 1.3.11.2. DVD writer is MSI DR4-A FW 2.23. Clone rips fine and burns fine, but the resulting disk is still scrambled, is this a new protection method ?

Any clues on how to get round this ?

Regards

Andy

Are you following MadBob’s Guide (look in the guide subforum)

Originally posted by ivorydawn
[B]Would appreciate any help backing up this DVD. I am using AnyDVD 3.2.0.1 and CloneDVD 1.3.11.2. DVD writer is MSI DR4-A FW 2.23. Clone rips fine and burns fine, but the resulting disk is still scrambled, is this a new protection method ?

Any clues on how to get round this ?

Regards

Andy [/B]

ive backed it up with dvd shrink no problems so i doubt its a protection issue.

Andy:

When you say ‘scrambled’, what do you mean exactly?

I’m not sure whether you’re referring to the stuff you see on the screen or the CSS protection.

Can you describe it more fully?

-Pete

I realise this has been moved but this problem is not exclusive to Clone or AnyDVD, I have tried backing this movie up with Nero and get the same results:-

Everything rips and burns ok but when the dvd is played you get some picture and some sound but both are very broken, blocks of pictures all over the place and distorted sound. I have ripped to files and to an iso, both give the same result. Mounting the iso on Alcohol drives also gives the same result so it seems to be somewhere in the ripping or transcoding area, maybe my set up, firmware or software.

OS Is XP Home SP1, with all updates and yes I have read Madbobs excellent article, all other movies backed up this way are excellent.

Thanks for your help so far

Andy

I have read Madbobs excellent article

sorry just had to quote this :slight_smile:

it sounds like you are having trouble with something running in the background, NAV or similar?

Hi MadBob,

Something I had not thought of was NAV, yes it is running in the background but, I tried to play the original but it did the same so I disabled AnyDVD and it played fine!! don’t know why but it did. I will continue to try it disabling things and report back later.

Many thanks

Andy

If the original DVD plays fine without AnyDVD loaded but plays badly with it loaded, then it does sound like AnyDVD is causing (or at least contributing to) the problem.

I would contact SlySoft support directly as they will know exactly what to ask you.

Just a thought, have you got a virtual drive? in the settings (Drive Tab) uncheck every DVD Drive shown except the one you are ripping from.