Legal to lend an original DVD?

Say I bought Blade Runner from HMV, and that I live in the US.
Is it legal for me to lend it to a friend, for free (not rent)?
Now, same question, but for Canada?

Can anyone provide me with links that reference particular laws that deal with this?

Thank you.

IMO that is OK.

You purchased it, therefore it is yours to lend and/or give away at your discretion. At least IMO.

Absolutely legal. Once the physical disk is in your possession, legally paid for, it is yours to do with as you wish. You can lend it, give it as a gift, burn it, grind it up and smoke it…doesn’t matter (though I really wouldn’t advise the last one).

The copyright protected material [B]on[/B] the disk is another matter. There is a legal difference between the physical object and the movie itself.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2169992]Absolutely legal. Once the physical disk is in your possession, legally paid for, it is yours to do with as you wish. You can lend it, give it as a gift, burn it, grind it up and smoke it…doesn’t matter (though I really wouldn’t advise the last one).

The copyright protected material [B]on[/B] the disk is another matter. There is a legal difference between the physical object and the movie itself.[/QUOTE]

LOL your line there is good for long laugh… :iagree: Well if the movie you bought is that bad then I guess the last line would apply to it…but smoking it that’s another story in itself…