Leatherheads

[QUOTE=sneakers2;2131907]I wonder if anyDVD and DVDFab will do it. I remember this worked once before with another movie.[/QUOTE]
No. anydvd will not read Leatherheads at all.

[QUOTE=Benhad;2131947]No. anydvd will not read Leatherheads at all.[/QUOTE]

This is an inaccurate statement.

Both [U]AnyDVD[/U] and [U]DVDFab[/U] are both able to handle the disc themselves. The bigger issue is that when [U]DVD Shrink[/U] is used it sees the title containing the movie as unreferenced when dealing with the output from both programs.

I’ll be curious to hear how many people encounter playback problems on standalones when dealing with the original disc.

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2131960]This is an inaccurate statement.

Both [U]AnyDVD[/U] and [U]DVDFab[/U] are both able to handle the disc themselves. The bigger issue is that when [U]DVD Shrink[/U] is used it sees the title containing the movie as unreferenced when dealing with the output from both programs.

I’ll be curious to hear how many people encounter playback problems on standalones when dealing with the original disc.[/QUOTE]
That means there are several inaccurate statements on another site that also mention in several threads and post that Anydvd will not read leatherheads

I personally burned the disk over a week ago with not problems.

[QUOTE=Benhad;2131967]That means there are several inaccurate statements on another site that also mention in several threads and post that Anydvd will not read leatherheads

I personally burned the disk over a week ago with not problems.[/QUOTE]

[U]AnyDVD[/U] 6.4.7.0 [I]beta[/I] has no problem reading this disc. My goal isn’t to be a shill for another product and I won’t mention it again. I was simply correcting your statement. No offense intended. :slight_smile:

Hopefully for [U]DVD Shrink[/U] lovers this problem gets resolved in both cases sometime soon. I’d really hate to see the studios thinking they’ve succeeded. :Z

DVDFab backed up the disk without error. It played fine, but the time on the disk never changed. I couldn’t tell how far into the movie I was or how much time was left.

[QUOTE=rhazzon;2131981]DVDFab backed up the disk without error. It played fine, but the time on the disk never changed. I couldn’t tell how far into the movie I was or how much time was left.[/QUOTE]

This is usually what happens with unreferenced material. (FBI warnings, studio marquees, etc…)

All,

I have movie at home. I will try with Fab 5.0.5.0 just for grins. :rolleyes:

I believe these two posts summarize some specific issues very nicely:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2131274]I would stay away from Shrink with this one, Shrink is old and unsupported, try the free trial of Platnium or Gold and see what your result is.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2131960]
Both [U][I]edit//insert other brand of software[/I][/U] and [U]DVDFab[/U] are both able to handle the disc themselves[/QUOTE]

I don’t mean this as a personal criticism of anyone, but…
Development of shrink ended in 2005. Yes, I agree it still has some utility.
However, given the ever-evolving copy protections and rapid advance and change seen this industry in recent times, I believe anyone using an older and for 3+ years, undeveloped piece of software, has to expect diminishing support and frankly, more failures.

Believe me, I’m not happy about this. Personally, I look upon shrink as an old friend and I still have it installed on my rigs, but honestly, I rarely use it.
Back about 6 months or so, we saw a barrage of posts and threads relating to incompatible output files created by Fab when processed with shrink. Fengtao spent a good deal of time tweaking Fab to maintain compatibility with shrink. This was not without cost in time and effort…time and effort which I believe would be better spent on current issues with Fab itself.
Moreover, this would not be the first time that problems ensue for many owners of Fab in the attempt to fix…dare I say…unrelated problems for most users.

Again, I had no problems with rips (any mode), burns (VSO and Img) or playback when done entirely with Platinum.

Sorry for the rant.

Here is my experience with LEATHERHEADS. #1, I clone the DVD only. I read all about the movie so i thought AnyDVD newest version 6.4.7.0 Beta could handle it ( At least it said so ). So i Started AnyDVD inserted the disc and used ImgBurn 2.4.2.0 and did a read which would give me a DL ISO anyway. While watching the screen i seen read errors so aborted. Next case went to DVDFab 5.0.9.8 Beta and a flawless Clone of LEATHERHEADS. Funny thing is i put the copy back in my burner and it reads as a 40gig DVD. The ISO is really a 7.95gig clone but the copy clone reads 40gig like the original but all is good. Now yesterday when i did Sex and the city “The Movie” DVDFab 5.0.9.5 copied it but once it went to the start menu it took a dump. Sooooooooo i went to AnyDVD 6.4.7.0 Beta and ImgBurn 2.4.2.0 and clone it and 100% copy. Thats my story all works well. BTW if anyone wonders i use MIS Verbatium DL media with Pioneer 112L on one and a Pioneer 115L only on other. But still its got me why the copy of LEATHERHEADS reads 40gigs like original on puter. I will check it again but i never seen this b4. BTW we are talking Region 1 also. :confused:

Just did Movie only Gold 5090 burned it with ImgBurn. No problems at all. Watched it too plays fine. :bigsmile:

yes, i too have no problems with ripping, compressing with dvdfab and burning with imgburn. plays good in my standalone player.

the free version of dvdfab does not compress or burn. dvdshrink does not like the dvdfab output.

I am having difficulty cloning Leatherheads also. I did get it to copy to a single layer disc with compression. However I wanted to clone it to a dual layer disc. It burns to the dual layer disc but neither one of my dvd stand alone dvd players will play it. I use Verbatim dvd only, dual and single layer. I can still copy other movies using the dual layer dvds. The only answer would be that some new type of copy protection is on the Leatherheads dvd. If not I would not be able to clone other dvds onto the dual layer verbs and have them play. I hope DVDFAB can fix this new problem. I just want to be able to click and burn and not have to keep fiddling with the newer dvds. DVDFAB is a great program though.

No problem here backing up Leatherheads. I did full disc on dvd9 and I just finished watching it and no problems with the back up. I also used VSO for the burn engine

SlySoft has the Leatherheads problem solved already with AnyDVD 6.4.7.0. Burns flawlessly compressing to DVD-5 using CloneDVD 2.9.1.9. As always, these guys are right on top of it!

[B]Funny[/B] don’t remember DVDFab becoming a Slysoft product,I and many other members never had an issue with this movieusing DVDFab.If you want to promote AnyDVD or other slysoft product you can in the newbie section, not sure that is right doing it here in the DVDFab forum.
Have a nice day :flower:

[quote=StormJumper;2134859][B]Funny[/B] don’t remember DVDFab becoming a Slysoft product,I and many other members never had an issue with this movieusing DVDFab.If you want to promote AnyDVD or other slysoft product you can in the newbie section, not sure that is right doing it here in the DVDFab forum.
Have a nice day :flower:[/quote]I am sure it is not. Pcarey, please read: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/sub-forum-fengtao-software-only-242474/
Well said SJ.

Hey,
I just did Iron Man with no problem. I don’t understand why I cannot do Leatherheads. As for Slysoft products no thanks. I am partial to DVDFAB.

[quote=signals;2134862]I am sure it is not. Pcarey, please read: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/sub-forum-fengtao-software-only-242474/
Well said SJ.[/quote]
:wink:

[QUOTE=neo2;2134863]Hey,
I just did Iron Man with no problem. I don’t understand why I cannot do Leatherheads. As for Slysoft products no thanks. I am partial to DVDFAB.[/QUOTE]

Hi Neo,

I ripped LEATHERHEADS, full disc to my hd last night. I had no problems at all. It took about 11 minutes, used about 7.5 gig. I am using Fab Platinum, version 5.0.5.0. I had path player enabled. 5.0.5.0 Plat has ripped everything I have thrown at it (knock on wood). I will try to burn main movie to disc tonight.:clap:

Burnt Leatherheads yesterday with FAB PLAT PP Enabled ver 5.0.9.0 and went just fine