Learn to Speak English 8.0

i have Learn to Speak English 8.0 but it doesn’t recognize the cds…is there any copy protection or any way around it??

/me plays along as if the original thread (which mysteriously disappeared) didn’t exist.

have u contacted the manufacturer?

yeah I did ignores the missing first thread as well but their advise ranges from disable read-ahead on the cd-rom to cleaning the cds…i just wonder if anybody out there has a similar problem…

What do you mean by it doesn’t recognize. What is it exactly?

Are you referring to the cd-rom drive not reading the cd of learn to speak english 8.0? If so I would simply recommend going to a friends pc and see if their cd-rom will recognize the cd. This simple experiment can easily conclude if you have a bad cd on your hands and would need to replace it.

no I tried the program on 2 different computers and it always installed fine but if I click on any course in the program it asks for CD1 to 4 and each one won’t be recognized…

:frowning:

Their could be an .ini file in the apps folder that tells it where to look for the data you could try copying everything onto the hard drive and then modify the .ini to point to that folder…

Just a thought.

Originally posted by Odino
[B]no I tried the program on 2 different computers and it always installed fine but if I click on any course in the program it asks for CD1 to 4 and each one won’t be recognized…

:frowning: [/B]

According to this, there are only 3 cd’s to the set, not 4:confused:

http://www.softwareforresellers.com/letospen80.html

Do you have an enhancd or different version. A similar thing happens with a cd I once bought for for like $7. It was called The Animals 2.0, it was fo rmy younger sister. It never quite worked right and at random times often reported that data can not be read from the cd and asked me to put the cd back in. I made a copy of it at 1x an dthat helped reduce how often the problem happened. Eventually I got it to run off the HDD as rocky suggests. Maybe its just low rated software that doesn’t work right. have you considered trying to run it off a mounted image? Just a random thought.

Good Luck.:slight_smile:

thanks for you help guys, I tried to copy it to my HardDrive but that failed and it won’t even install from there, I might make a 1x copy and give that image drive a go

i’ll report back :slight_smile:

this one has 4 CDs not 3, the forth only comes with Videos ; maybe that’s often excluded!

Hi odino,

I’ve a same problem like u.
If U find a solution, will be fine to inform me.

Many thanx

kogalia@yahoo.fr

Learn to Speak English 8.0 is the meanest game I tell you, man you should see the graphics! Groundbreaking!

i agree, the enemy AI is incredibly smart, and there’s such a wide selection of weapons. the trickiest part is probably trying to get the alternate ending. :bigsmile:

Hi friends,

The file is not protected,
Simply, changing this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Learning Company\Learn To Speak English 8.0\Path\CD Path

By default: CD Path = “AUTO”
Must change to “D:” or another letter corresponding to ur driveCD.

Cheers

I´m trying to locate the file to modify…where is it ?

Happy to help U ! :
After installing “learn to speak English” (the file :))
regedit.exe
and U look for “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Learning Company\Learn To Speak English 8.0\Path\CD Path”
U must put the letter of ur driveCD here : "CD Path = “letter”

Thanks friend to help me,

now The program sais me : The chapter resources could not be found

What is this ¿???¿

Dear All
I followed your advice to change the registry :flower::flower:
and the the Drive letter have to be
[B]d:\[/B]
:cool:

Thanks