Leak: screenshots of Windows 8.1 2014 spring update

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Leak: screenshots of Windows 8.1 2014 spring update[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/01/myce-windows81-spring-2014-2-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/leak-screenshots-of-windows-8-1-2014-spring-update-70105/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Again, just in time for April, when XP support ends.

… Well, at least seems to be they’ve placed the Start Menu button on its place (Well done Microsoft, you’ve learned your lesson); but again, the same ‘Start Screen’ still there instead of a REAL Menu. Seriously, if they keep going with such splash screens on further versions, I’ll keep stuck’d (and not only me) on W7 for the rest of my life. Don’t care if support stops by tomorrow as XP. That may work on tablets and touch-screen based devices, but, what about people who has ‘old fashioned’ high-performanced desktops or laps? ALL W8 features belongs to trash!

By the way, I beg somebody to answer me this enigma (if there’s an answer for): how’s supposed to be ‘killed’ an app opened from this ‘Start Screen’ without needing to open Task Manager? This is killing me instead of apps!

W2000: Bad
WXP: Good
WVista: Very bad
W7: Very Good
W8: Terrible
W8.1: Expected ‘Excellent’? Keep expecting, guys : )

[QUOTE=Antaeogo;2716260]…

W2000: Bad
WXP: Good
WVista: Very bad
W7: Very Good
W8: Terrible
W8.1: Expected ‘Excellent’? …[/QUOTE]

Windows XP was more like a popularized version of Windows 2000 (NT 5.x.)

Both Windows 7 and Windows 8.x are updated versions of Windows Vista (NT 6.x)

New operating systems and OS updates are introduced largely to improve compatibility with new hardware devices.

It says nothing about Aero or giving one a Desktop setup or choosing what UI they want so I doubt M$ has really learned any real lessons. I will wait til the RTM to see what it really has and doesn’t bring back.