LDW-851S finicky with dvd discs

vbimport

I’m hoping y’all can give me some advice on this. I have a LiteOn LDW-851S drive that is very sketchy with what it will read. At present, it has the stock LiteOn GS0P firmware installed, and I also installed ForceASPI 4.60. I use Nero 6.3.1.17 Ultra to burn my dvd’s with. It has no trouble burning dvd’s, but the problem is that it won’t recognize the dvd once burned. It sees them as blank cd-r’s. It happens with data dvd’s as well as movie dvd’s. It will see them correctly once in a while. Perfect example of it is, I burned two copies of data discs, identical discs, and it recognizes one of them but not the other LOL I have tried a few different firmwares, patched and stock, and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Any thoughts as to why it is doing this? I just don’t get how it will burn a dvd and then not recognize what it just burned. Thx for any help :slight_smile:

Haha that’s wot I thought LOL I’m shipping the drive back later today for replacement. Wish I could get a refund tho, been drooling over the NEC’s @ Newegg. O well.