LDW-811S Coming Soon

I see the LITEON website has the 811S listed as coming soon. I guess it should be out before the holidays.

And you’ll be able to write to 8x media without throwing it in the basket maybe in the end of the next year :Z

Great news. Another 8x DVD+R burner :slight_smile: Maybe I will buy this one, or maybe the Plextor 708A.

Now all we need is some good cheap 8x media… :slight_smile:

Where can you buy the 8X media?

How about first delivering a drive that can compete with other brands on the market? :wink:

Here in Australia the LDW-411s and Pioneer 106 are the same price … but from what I’ve read the Pioneer is streets ahead in reliability.

It’s easy to let LiteOn off the hook and say “buy better media”. Finding top-of-the-shelf media like “Taiyo Yuden” is very hard here in Australia.

It’s hard not to be critical of LiteOn, when you’d hope they would be working hard on a firmware that will make writing more reliable on their current drives, before working on releasing faster drives onto the market.

but from what I’ve read

Perhaps it would be better if you were speaking from experience?
There are plently of people using the 401/411 drives who have no complaints.

why do all dvdr threads now turn into 401s/411s bashing threads?

i know ive added to them at times… but im agrivated and baffled at times how from one burn to the next i can get a good and bad burns…

i have a excellent one of verbatim datalifeplus DVD+R … Mitsubishi chemicals DVD+R
also ive had a bad one of it too…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75682

rdgrimes go check it out!

BTW, you can’t scan at 2x on a 401/411, it defaults to 1x. Set it at 3x to get 2.4x.
DVDInfo scans/reads at 6x, which accounts for the slowing down.
Reading speed in the 401/411 is critical to error rates, but I agree that results aren’t always logical. The “bad” scan looks like a damaged or dirty disc.:confused:

im going to reply to you here…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77858

doh now i’m regretting that i buy my LDW411s to early should have wait for the LDW811s :slight_smile: . I’m getting sick of people bashing LDW411s when they don’t even own the drive, i got a feeling people just to incompetent to know how to operate a dvd burner. I bought a LDW411s around 2 week ago, work like a charm no problem what so ever.

As for NevOz get your fact straight man, i live in australia too and i know a lot of place that sell the Liteon LDW-411s for around 30-40 dollar cheaper compare to the Pioneer 106.

I think that a lot of the people who are having problems have messed up their EEPROMs.

that maybe true… and many of the 411s are really converted 401s now…

but there are still some still having problems and they are using an original drive…

against my better judgement i did go and buy another 401s… read my previous link that that other thread to see how is burning…

i still can not get good burns off of ES0G… no matter the speed it seems… or the media…

Originally posted by rdgrimes

Read the second sentence of your message … that’s hardly going by experience.

My message isn’t LiteOn bashing … it’s fact … LiteOn burners are (currently) inferior to the Pioneer 106/A06.
It’s been almost 2 months since a firmware update has been released for the 401s. I have been having write problems with my 401s - and that is speaking from experience.

Originally posted by bah_bah_blah
As for NevOz get your fact straight man, i live in australia too and i know a lot of place that sell the Liteon LDW-411s for around 30-40 dollar cheaper compare to the Pioneer 106.

Tell me where in OZ you can get a 411s burner for $245, and I’ll eat humble pie!!

NevOz if you live in Melbourne go to

http://www.comtrader.com.au/swap/dates.php3 to check out the date and the location for computer market on Sunday, you properly could get the LDW411S for around 220 as Typsy got it for 220 aud dollar. Otherwise go to www.msy.com.au and look it up.

The msy site doesnt list the price … just says “Best Price in Australia”. But I’ll take your word for it … at $245, you got an awesome deal.
$245 is the cheapest price ive seen the 401s here in SA. 411s I havent seen less than $290.
I wonder what cost price on these drives are here in OZ.

I just bought my 411s last friday @ 165€ (VAT included)

I just tested a DVD+RW, ripping from DVD-R, burning cdr and cdrw, also an audio cd with very successful results

anyway I think it’s too early to release an 8x dvd burner, 4x medias still cot too much, how about certified 8x?

Originally posted by rdgrimes

So you got yourself a real cd analyzer or a lot of drives to check compatability ? Since on both points some reliable sources have allready proven that Lite On is behind Plextor and Pioneer when it comes to burning quality.

Originally posted by dakhaas
So you got yourself a real cd analyzer or a lot of drives to check compatability ? Since on both points some reliable sources have allready proven that Lite On is behind Plextor and Pioneer when it comes to burning quality.

Well I don’t know if you’ve read some threads on the Plextor forum (it’s here ), but there are also people who have problems with the quality of the Plex708A.

And as far as I know rdgrimes has a “few” drives for testing purposes available (he doesn’t own them all).

The moderators of these forums don’t just say something, it’s mostly founded on their own (and others) widely tested experiences.