LDW-811s burn problems

I have the latest firmware HSOR or something.
I am having alot of trouble burning DVD movies to DVD+R discs.
First I bought some TDK 4x DVD+R Mediacode (RICOHJPNR1). I had intermittent problems with these dvds. I had always been able to rely on TDK media in the past. About every other burn would have errors when verifying the written data in Nero 6.6. and I would have to burn it again. After making 10+ coasters from a 50 pack spindle I decided to try some different media. So I bought a 50 pack spindle of Verbatim 8x (MCC003) and I havent had any luck from these either. I tried burning at 8x and 6x so far and had several crc errors. Is there something that I need to to do ensure that my DVD burner is working properly or any help on this matter will be appreciate it.

i had the same problem suddenly the ricoh dvd,s burned bad
the first 50 oke than 10 bad same batch[ Hs0r]
i went back to older firmware Hs0e and reset the media
now mine burns are much better no coasters any more

where can I get the old firmware? Litonit doesnt seem to have it posted anymore. and how do I flash back to the old one? I really dont have much experience with dvd burners but Im pretty good with computers.

HSOK is probebly the best 811s firmware and supports bitsetting, get it here

This is the result of burning a Verbatim (MCC003) at 4x
I couldnt get the PNG to upload so here is the text
Date : 3/9/2005 7:35:21 PM
Model : 1-0-0-0 D:LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S HS0K
Disc : DVD+R , MCC003 [Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation]
Speed : Max
ECC blocks sum (PI/PIF) : 8/1
Scanned range : 0 - 2286417
Sampling count : 119509
Errors : 0
PI Max : 1389
PI Average : 167.90
PI Total : 2885553
PIF Max : 208
PIF Average : 14.79
PIF Total : 254135

we realy need to see the graph, try using imageshack to host it instead.

there is the image for the graph

here it is with the TDK Media

@ jiveabillion
try your scans at 4x scan speed, the forum standard for comparison, and repost them. Also, do these discs play OK?

I just went to wal mart and bought a 16x DL Lite on and it works perfectly. it cost me 88+tax but im happy now

why dont i have this kind of perfect solutions :smiley: