Ldw-451s hacking (noob questions)

vbimport

(please note: excuse me but i’m a noob :slight_smile: and in addition to that i’m a non-english :stuck_out_tongue: )

Hi all,

I tried to read all the tutorials to understand 451s hacking but i still got questions that i can’t answer by myself.

So, i understood that i can upgrade my 451s to an 832s with Omnipatcher with the VS0E patch.
I read the things on the CG4E - Quality Patched Firmware and it seems to be very useful. Can i apply this patch at the same time as the VS0E patch, or do i have to apply the CG4E patch in a second time ?

I read in the CG4E - Quality Patched Firmware that C0deKing advises to use the EEPROM Utility v2 in a 451@832. I don’t really understand what is this software for. Do i really need to use it ?

In the Crossflashing instruction page, it is said how to update to a newer firmware … but i didn’t understand the instructions. Can someone explain me what to do in this case ?

And then my last question (finally !) : what write speeds will it burn at after making a 451@832 hack ?
cdr ? cdrw ? dvd+r ? dvd-r ? dvd+rw ? dvd-rw ? dvd+r DL ?

@ maxibestouf
Welcome:). You do not need to flash your firmware to VS0E before flashing with CG4E…you can flash straight to CG4E. You do not need to use the EEPROM utility…that is for erasing your learnt memory after several bad burns…but keep the tool in mind if you are ever in that situation. You should use the tool to back up your current eeprom before flashing with CG4E…just in case:).

To flash your drive to 832@CG4E we will follow cross-flashing instruction method 1. Download and save CG4E firmware from here …it’s listed under ‘LiteOn SOHW-832S’. Open CG4E in OmniPatcher (method 1, step 3), select “Apply recommended DVD…”, and “Increase dvd…”’ and " Enable auto-bitsetting", and “fix the 'dead…cross-flashing”(if they aren’t greyed out). Save the file. Then run the file(its an .exe file). Make sure you select the correct drive…restart and rejoice! You have an 851@832CG4E. Don’t forget to thank the Codeguys :iagree: Try a few burns and post back with your results

You may want to post a few Kprobe 2.4.2 BLER scans (scanned at 4x scan speed the forum standard for comparison)of some discs burnt with the new firmware. After the scan(about 14 minutes) select the diskette icon on the toolbar before ejecting disc, and save as a .png file. Attach to a post using the ‘manage attachments’ button in the ‘go advanced’ reply window. You can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans to find out what these graphs mean.

thanx for all : i crossflashed my 451 to a 832CG4E (after having backed up my native eeprom).
it’s well recognized as a SOHW-832s.

but when i launch roxi easy media creator, it doesn’t say that it can burn DL DVDs…
is it normal ?

and do i have to change the driver of the recorder after the crossflash ?

@ maxibestouf
No extra driver needed…you may need to upgrade your roxio to recognize/handle dual-layer recording

when you crosflash drives, you should also delete the learned media data, because they are stored in different positions for each drive type, so they can cause errors when crossflashing.

Q: Do I need to worry about the EEPROM?
A: This upgrade does not require any modification of the EEPROM, to work.
taken from 451S@832S and 851S@832S: Discussion and Results first post

i don’t understand ^^

as please said, the drive is well recognized as a DL writer after updating RMC…

thanx everybody (and in particular please :bow: )