LDW 451S Error help please

vbimport

Hi all I’ve just recently brought the above dvd writer, this morning I was able to run kprobe to test my drive, everything went fine. I put the speed hack on but changed my mind and changed it back to the original file? I did back up my firmware, and the eeprom or at least I think I did(tiny file) I now have the following error
"Read of scrambled sector without authentication(056F03) What the heck have I gone and stuffed up? I’m a newbee to this so your help would be appreciated
Cheers nzl_geeman

Is it Kprobe that reports : “Read of scrambled sector without authentication(056F03)” ??

What disc are you scanning (+r/-r or pressed ROM disc)?

I used kprobe on pressed dvd’s (fairly) new releases ie Planet of the apes and US Marshals. On an older dvd title The Mask, the performance test is progressing well no errors. The error usually crops up at the beginning of the test, almost appears to not be able to read? or get past the copy protection.
thanks

Originally posted by nzl_geeman
I used kprobe on pressed dvd’s (fairly) new releases ie Planet of the apes and US Marshals. On an older dvd title The Mask, the performance test is progressing well no errors. The error usually crops up at the beginning of the test, almost appears to not be able to read? or get past the copy protection.
thanks

To my knowledge, you can´t Kprobe pressed ie. double layer DVD´s. :cool:
But, I might be proven wrong…
Although you can scan a pressed single layer DVD-ROM.
(I think, “The Mask” is single layer.)

BTW, the readspeed hack will not effect scanning with Kprobe in any way… :slight_smile:
Read more about Kprobe

Oh ok, that seems to make sense. Just ripped US Marshals(it’s one of the dvd’s I was having the error problem with) and written it with Dvd shrink onto a dvd+ rewritable it’s running through the performance test no problems as I write this, so I’m not sure what the story is. But all your help is great in trying to get this issue sorted, or at least track down the cause.
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome pinto2

Pinto is correct. A scrambled disc like 99% of the ones you buy in stores can’t be read unless you use a decss program like anydvd.

The error obviously hasn’t caused it not to write or read dvd’s, just paniced at the fact that I may have stuffed it, with my newbee tinkering, no slurr intended on the writer of the program I used.
Thanks

Thanks for your quick response to my problem folks…It helped me to sleep ok :smiley:

Ok I think I may have found(stumbled across) the answer to the problem I experienced when trying to do the Kprobe performance test, it was as I suspected a read encyrption?(protection?) error. I downloaded and ran a program called ‘DvdinfoPro’ when I went to do the speed test with the ‘problem dvd’s’ I had errors again, the program explained the problem and offered a solution, play the dvd to sort out the encyrption?(I’m no good @spelling) it worked, I ran Kprobe again and no errors appeared during the performance tests.
Of course I could be completely barking up the wrong tree on this, but it appears to be that simplistic.
Thanks all