LDW-411S sold as LDW-401S in the UK?

Dee-ehn was advising me to get a LDW-411S because it supports two formats. I know that LiteOn produces 2 distinct drives, the LDW-401S and the LDW-411S. See Dee-Ehn’s article he pointed out here.

The LDW-401S supposedly only supports the +RW and +R formats, while the LDW-411S supports the -R/RW formats as well.

But I was looking up the tech. specifications of the LDW-401S being sold at Ebuyer and it clearly states:

Supported Media Types:
CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R

A mistake on their part, or are the later 411’s sold as 401’s? Doesn’t make sense. :confused:

If I buy it, is there a way to test the compatibility so I can return it if the claims of full compatibility are incorrect?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Tyro

Supported Media Types:
CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R

A mistake on their part, or are the later 411’s sold as 401’s? Doesn’t make sense. :confused:

Thanks.

Obviously a mistake on your part. Obviously this is the list of media supported for reading or do you expect the drive to burn CD-ROM and DVD-ROM ?

Hey, mistakes happen. If you haven’t noticed, I’ve had quite a lot of things on my hands at the moment and am speed reading through a lot of pages :slight_smile: