Ldw-401s k-probe results good or bad? help

vbimport

http://siliconsoul.dontexist.org

i noticed my results were a bit different from other 401s drives and was wondering if it was the media or the drive or if im worried over nothing… or if they are good or bad results…

SiliconSoul

images at the above link i do not know how to make them show up in the message

In one word: BAD.

Here is a good one:

okay so what should i do? different media? im at the newest firmware update. and i only have the 401s to check the burned media with…

Yes, try different media

the weird thing is that dhc014 and zebra have threads showing that they used the same ricoh media mine is just tdk and they said memorex and tdk if i remeber correct

nm im going to ask and post images in the thread about 401s media compatibliity

Aww, that’s some awful scans.

btw I’m not getting as good results as alexnoe either, but I think that may be due to the LTC-48161H drive I use to scan with.

I get about 12.0 average PI and 0,2 average PO as the best results.

Writer is memorex Dual-X (OEM pioneer 106).

Same disc scanned in a LTD-163D gives about 6.0 average PI and 0,6 average PO.

Since I do not have the LTD-165 I can’t comment on that one.

im at a loss at why the same branded (ricoh) media that comes with the drive does not burn well…

thinking about going back to firmware that it shipped with… or finding the 2nd version that came out… or not burning till the next firmware comes out but i would like to get a bunch of data and DV recorded home movies off my HD without putting them on error ridden dvd+r

btw I’m not getting as good results as alexnoe either, but I think that may be due to the LTC-48161H drive I use to scan with

I think alex is using a DVD-ROM to scan with. As I recall, there is some question about the accuracy of scans with the DVD readers. Or , am I mistaken?

i think you are correct…

another try on that dvd+rw that came with the drive full erase and reburn

At least I don’t think that we can compare scans obtained on CD-RW drives with those from DVD-ROM drives or from DVD Burners…

on the secondary master
erase and reburn dvd+rw 4x

one word
GOOD!

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Aww, that’s some awful scans.

btw I’m not getting as good results as alexnoe either, but I think that may be due to the LTC-48161H drive I use to scan with.

I get about 12.0 average PI and 0,2 average PO as the best results.

Writer is memorex Dual-X (OEM pioneer 106).

Same disc scanned in a LTD-163D gives about 6.0 average PI and 0,6 average PO.

Since I do not have the LTD-165 I can’t comment on that one. [/B]

Well, one thing I still see: Even the antique Pioneer DVR-A03 has a far better write quality on good media than new drives on bad media…