Lcd TV V'S Lcd Monitor

vbimport

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me why I’d want to pay more for a Samsung Lcd TV when they are selling this:

And the spec on it is far greater than the same sized Samsung Lcd TV? It has freeview and all the other bits I’d expect. Am I missing something or is this the way things are progressing???

Thanks
J

what size is the tv and what inputs/outputs do you need?

i would not want to watch tv on a 20" monitor? i have a 20" lcd monitor and a 42" plasma tv.

[quote=troy512;2142898]what size is the tv and what inputs/outputs do you need?

i would not want to watch tv on a 20" monitor? i have a 20" lcd monitor and a 42" plasma tv.[/quote]

I need an hdmi connection to run my media player from and that’s all really. My bedroom would look silly with anything larger than 22" so 20/22" would be ideal. When looking I found the Samsung monitor and some sites were saying it was an Lcd TV. The spec for the actuall TV is:

[ul]
[li]22" [Widescreen](javascript:showdiv(‘jbwrap_Widescreen’);GetJargonBuster(‘Widescreen’))[LCD](javascript:showdiv(‘jbwrap_LCD’);GetJargonBuster(‘LCD’))TV[/li][li]1680x1050 resolution[/li][li]HD Ready[/li][li]3,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio[/li][li]Integrated [Freeview](javascript:showdiv(‘jbwrap_Freeview’);GetJargonBuster(‘Freeview’))Tuner[/li][li]SRS TruSurround sound[/li][li]Total audio output: 3W x 2[/li][li][Sleep Timer](javascript:showdiv(‘jbwrap_Sleep Timer’);GetJargonBuster(‘Sleep Timer’))[/li][li]Clock & On/Off timer[/li][li]1 [SCART](javascript:showdiv(‘jbwrap_SCART’);GetJargonBuster(‘SCART’))socket[/li][li]1 [HDMI](javascript:showdiv(‘jbwrap_HDMI’);GetJargonBuster(‘HDMI’))connection[/li][li]Component input[/li][li]PC Input[/li][/ul]With the monitor being:
Resolution1680 x 1050Brightness300 cd/m²ContrastDynamic contrast: 10,000:1 170° / 160°Waiting Time 5 msVideo Inlets/TypeInput signal: analogue RGB, DVI, HDMI, component, TV
Synchronisation: separate H/V, composite, SOG
Connection: D-Sub, DVI-D, 2 HDMI, component, DTV tuner, optical out, scart, CI slotFrequency PageHorizontal: 30-81 Khz
Vertical: 56-75 Hz

I’d have thought the monitor would win hands down but I’m not that technical!