LCD Flickering : okay or not?

vbimport

Hello, CDFreaks.
I have bought an iiyama ProLite E2210HDS LCD monitor at the beginning of this month. Lately, I’ve noticed that it flickers when some solid-colour graphics are displayed (like, for example, the background of this forum), and colours have a tendency to blend one into another (I get it, for example, with this grayscale gradient test).

Is this to be expected with LCD displays? It’s set to its native resolution (1080p) and is connected via D-Sub. The LCD display in my laptop doesn’t do this at all, so I’m kind of startled with this.

Unfortunately I can’t provide any video, since my mobile phone doesn’t record at a frame rate that would visualize this phenomenon.

Thank you in advance for any help,
D.

So what video card do you have?

The LCD could be bad but we should make sure the video card is good and make sure you have the latest drivers for it.

My video card is a Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT. I’m running drivers version 258.96. It seems that the newest version available on the Nvidia site is 260.99.

On the other hand, I connected the monitor to a friend’s laptop with some kind of Intel integrated graphics, also via D-Sub. The screen seemed to flicker a lot less, in fact it didn’t flicker at all. Would it suggest that there’s something wrong with my video card?

The screen seemed to flicker a lot less, in fact it didn’t flicker at all. Would it suggest that there’s something wrong with my video card?

Could still be driver issue or other interference of monitor placement.