Layer Breaks when burning DVD+R DL

vbimport

Hi:

I recently began using CloneDVD2 in conjunction with AnyDVD to archive some of my commercial DVDs.

I noticed in the log that when burning a DVD-9, it says that the layer break has been removed.

Does that mean that the layer break on the burned DVD+R DL will be in a different spot than the original?

If so, could it be in a place which is more disturbing, like in the middle of a sentence?

Yes and doubtful.:wink:

[QUOTE=bilbo65;2112997]Yes and doubtful.;)[/QUOTE]

Since creating this post I found out that, if I want to make an exact copy of a DL DVD preserving the original layer break, I should use CloneCD.

I erroneously thought that CloneCD was strictly for CDs. Now that I know differently, I downloaded CloneCD and will check it out.

I use CloneCD for double layer burning, but many people like to use Imgburn, an excellent freeware program.

[QUOTE=bilbo65;2113076]I use CloneCD for double layer burning, but many people like to use Imgburn, an excellent freeware program.[/QUOTE]

I looked into Imgburn but it is very complex. Definitely too overwhelming and making a wrong setting could result in problems for the inexperienced user like me.

After a lot of trouble, I finally managed to successfully burn a SL DVD to DVD+RW with CloneCD. I am going to do further testing before purchasing it, especially with DL.

I looked into Imgburn but it is very complex. Definitely too overwhelming and making a wrong setting could result in problems for the inexperienced user like me.

I don’t know if you visited the Imgburn Support Forum and reviewed their guides. They are well done with plenty of screenshots (and I do own CloneCD - they are both excellent programs).

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2113237]After a lot of trouble, [B]I finally managed to successfully burn a SL DVD to DVD+RW with CloneCD.[/B] I am going to do further testing before purchasing it, especially with DL.[/QUOTE]I don’t know why you would want to use CloneCD to burn a SL disc. Just use ImgBurn or something.

[QUOTE=Bob;2113261]I don’t know why you would want to use CloneCD to burn a SL disc. Just use ImgBurn or something.[/QUOTE]

Just made my first CloneCD test with a DVD+RW so as not to waste a DVD+R DL (in case something went wrong). I’ll probably be using CloneCD for DL and SL where I wish to make a 1:1 bit perfect copy of the entire DVD. I’ll continue to use CloneDVD when I do not wish to clone the entire DVD or decide to compress a SL onto a DVD-5.

ImgBurn is too complicated for me. It just has too many features and settings. I like to keep things simple.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2113259]I don’t know if you visited the Imgburn Support Forum and reviewed their guides. They are well done with plenty of screenshots (and I do own CloneCD - they are both excellent programs).

I do not doubt that the Imgburn guides are well done. It is just that it has too many features and menus. CloneCD (so far) and CloneDVD2 both do an excellent job while keeping things simple.

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2113298]I’ll continue to use CloneDVD when I do not wish to clone the entire DVD or decide to compress a SL onto a DVD-5.[/QUOTE]

I meant compress a DL onto a DVD-5.