Layer Break Selection in ImgBurn

vbimport

I have posted this question in another tread in another forum, but I think this is the right place for it, so I decided to post it her also and hopefully get an answer:

My problem is that I don’t get the Layer Break selection window when loading iso files for burning. That applies to all iso files I’ve tried, including ones without mds files. So I cannot select a LB point.

But the files I’ve tried I’ve also loaded in the “Tools - ISO - Display Ifo Layer Break Information” and all the files I’ve loaded with that tool show only one suggested layer break. Is that the reason why I do not get the Layer Break selection window when loading those .iso files ? It automatically chooses the only one alternative ?

I have ImgBurn 2.4.2.0.

If I’m not wrong, ImgBurn allow you to select the LB only loading the vob-ifo-bup files, and not ISO files.

Try to unpack all files from the ISO with any software (I usually use WinRAR), and load all files in ImgBurn in build mode. This should work :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2173695]If I’m not wrong, ImgBurn allow you to select the LB only loading the vob-ifo-bup files, and not ISO files.

Try to unpack all files from the ISO with any software (I usually use WinRAR), and load all files in ImgBurn in build mode. This should work :)[/QUOTE]

Not true. I am able to select the layer break when burning an Iso in Write Mode. In fact, I just burned a DL the other day from an Iso with the seamless box checked.

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2173770]Not true. I am able to select the layer break when burning an Iso in Write Mode. In fact, I just burned a DL the other day from an Iso with the seamless box checked.[/QUOTE]

So why don’t I get the Layer Break Selection window when loading those Iso files ? As I asked before, is it because there’s only 1 Layer Break alternative ?

Even though I don’t get that dialog, I can also burn a .iso with seamless checked. I do that in the Settings dialog (I haven’t tried burning one with seamless yet, but the option is there to check).

[QUOTE=bpinn;2173771]So why don’t I get the Layer Break Selection window when loading those Iso files ? As I asked before, is it because there’s only 1 Layer Break alternative ?[/QUOTE]

I wish I had an answer.

The last time I burned a DL (a few days ago), there was only 1 layer break in the selection window and that turned out to be the original layer break. The seamless box was already checked (I also used settings to make that the default). The burn worked perfectly and the layer break was seamless upon playback using my standalone dVD player.

Sorry I cannot help further. Maybe someone else who is more experienced can provide an answer.

What version of ImgBurn are you using ?

I do not know answer to your question, because I usualy use Video_TS folder, but go to ImgBurn forum and ask there.
LightningUK is there , he is the author of the software.
There is also QA section, it may help.

The following thread was helpful to me. I use either DVDFab or AnyDVD.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f153/anydvd-imgburn-seamless-231049/