Layer break problem cloning

vbimport

Tried my first cloning of a dvd, but Fab advised the layer break was not properly set…not a multiple of 16. I thought (based on the Fab tutorial) that part of the reason for cloning was to avoid the whole layer break issue. Any clue as to what I might have done wrong?? Thanks.

Check remove layer break in the setting under protection( DVD) if you are using the VSO engine

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2511832]Tried my first cloning of a dvd, but Fab advised the layer break was not properly set…not a multiple of 16. I thought (based on the Fab tutorial) that part of the reason for cloning was to avoid the whole layer break issue. Any clue as to what I might have done wrong?? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You sure you was not advised “the layer break was not properly set” on the original, BTW I have never seen DVDFab give that pop up message :confused: just ImgBurn :slight_smile:

Well, SJ is correct. :iagree: Turns out I had ImgBurn set as my default burner, so the message WAS from ImgBurn.

Anyway, tried it again, this time using the VSO with layer break removed per Jimbo’s advices. Got the dreaded “Error 116” at the burn phase. So, changed back to the ever reliable ImbBurn for the burn. After again receiving the “multiple of 16” message, clicked on the “recommended layer break” option and it burned perfectly. Played the dvd and the layer break was barely noticeable. Yes!!! :smiley:

Thanks, guys!

Glad that you got it done with ImgBurn myself I have always used the VSO engine and Verbatim media and never had a problem burning any movie

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2512106]Glad that you got it done with ImgBurn myself I have always used the VSO engine and Verbatim media and never had a problem burning any movie[/QUOTE]

I’m with you on that. No doubt my problem with the VSO burn was my choice of media (Amazon R+ DL). I’m new to DL burns (always compressed to DVD5 and then used TY media for a single layer burn), and while I know that Verbatim is the only way to go for DL, I couldn’t resist trying Amazon R+ DL (which is ridiculously inexpensive) as I experimented with learning to use DL’s. Gotta give credit to ImgBurn for a good burn on crapola media :wink:

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2512053]Well, SJ is correct. :iagree: Turns out I had ImgBurn set as my default burner, so the message WAS from ImgBurn.

Anyway, tried it again, this time using the VSO with layer break removed per Jimbo’s advices. Got the dreaded “Error 116” at the burn phase. So, changed back to the ever reliable ImbBurn for the burn. After again receiving the “multiple of 16” message, clicked on the “recommended layer break” option and it burned perfectly. Played the dvd and the layer break was barely noticeable. Yes!!! :smiley:

Thanks, guys![/QUOTE]

:wink: