Layer Brake

How we can describe Layer Brake if we going to make double layer DVD in DvdReMake Pro?

You don’t. The burning application determines where the best possible place to put the physical layer break position on DL media for you. e.g. in Imgburn, if there is more than one possible place, it will present to you a list for you to choose.

heres an explaination of a layer break
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=5886&postcount=21

different programs are used.

i’m sure that DVDdecrypter & imgburn kept the layer break at the same place as the original, clonedvd will change it, not sure about dvdremake pro

DvdReMake Pro does not change the “layer break flag”, which is exactly the inverse of the seamless playback joint flag. In DRMPro, when you see “no” under Seamless column of the Programs pane in the middle of the blocks, it means the seamless joint flag is cleared, or rather the LB flag is set, and the cell is set to play non-seamlessly. This is most likely the original LB position.

If I intend to shrink to DVD5, I would set the seamless joint flag on the cell for it to play seamlessly, resulting in no pause, but only if the cell has the same VOBID as the previous cell. If the intended result is DVD9, then I would leave it alone.

Anyway, the physical layer break position at certain LBA will likely change whether you edit the DVD or not because you’re not making 1:1 copy.

And don’t forget that most players these days can play seamless layer breaks anyway. Give it a try and see if it works. The LB pause is the most annoying thing for me when watching a DVD.

Regards

[quote=Bjproc;1786394]heres an explaination of a layer break
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=5886&postcount=21

different programs are used.

i’m sure that DVDdecrypter & imgburn kept the layer break at the same place as the original, clonedvd will change it, not sure about dvdremake pro[/quote]

DVD Decrypter doesn’t muck with it and ImgBurn will change it while “Building” or “Writing” an Image but not while “Reading” it. I always use ImgBurn so I never muck with it until I use ImgBurn after doing any alterations to the source files. It has a nice analysis tool the actually rates the quality of the various options and gives you the relevant details. I don’t think other programs offer that level of support for layer break issues. I will alos do both seamless or not when you build the image. I make images that can be burned to either DVD-R DL or DVD+R DL media all at once using ImgBurn.

DVD ReMake Pro doesn’t address the layer break issue at all.

I do wish it had DVD-Text support but that’s pretty rare.