Latest Windows 10 Insider build crashes PC games

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Latest Windows 10 Insider build crashes PC games[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/01/BSoD_in_Windows_8_thumb800-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Microsoft yesterday released a new Windows 10 build to Windows Insiders which contains a bug that crashes PC games.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/latest-windows-10-insider-build-crashes-pc-games-78434/](http://www.myce.com/news/latest-windows-10-insider-build-crashes-pc-games-78434/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Microsoft warns that games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider, Assassin’s Creed, and Metal Gear Solid V might crash.
Makes one - one to run out and install Windows 10. This story just gets worse and worse…

I have said it before and I think I should repeat myself to teach people what it is:

Windows insider… Sounds almost like V.I.P. now does it not?
Don’t be a fool, this is a great way for Microsoft to get beta testers for free. When in conjunction with the extra telemetry information you provide them with, they do not need professional beta testers who are able to provide relevant information concerning the bug. You are all reporting everything Microsoft needs.

Earlier faults have made it clear that Microsoft do not apply insider builds in-house (nor use secure boot for that matter). Why should they when all they have to do is make you [U]feel[/U] special - all it takes for making you do the job for them?

M/S are getting to the stage of literally forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10. what on earth is wrong with them? they cant get any version of windows to be safe and secure and keep working how it is said to or how people want it, so what’s the point of that forcing? there has to be an ultimate reason which can surely only be to do with M/S or someone else Entertainment industries, NSA or another of the security forces or maybe everyone else except us, who have paid for the O/S to be able to read everything we have done using our own machines. how can anyone have the slightest bit of trust in M/S when it has never, as yet, been able to provide a secure system in 40 years of trying?

[QUOTE=kevpc;2767087]M/S are getting to the stage of literally forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10. what on earth is wrong with them?
they cant get any version of windows to be safe and secure and keep working how it is said to or how people want it, so what’s the point of that forcing? there has to be an ultimate reason which can surely only be to do with M/S or someone else Entertainment industries, NSA or another of the security forces or maybe everyone else except us, who have paid for the O/S to be able to read everything we have done using our own machines.[/QUOTE]
Well, there are relevant questions here… I believe there ultimately have to be someone else behind this as Microsoft alone would have no interest in the amount of data collected, only the parts that can help them develop the OS. Seen together with the mass spying frenzy of the U.S. government uncovered, it seems likely that Microsoft have been put under pressure to collect it on their behalf.
It is a little funny too you know, on one hand they criticize ‘the great (fire)wall of China’ and on the other do exactly the same themselves… These days even expanding from just U.S. Citizens to try to spy on the whole world.

[QUOTE=kevpc;2767087]how can anyone have the slightest bit of trust in M/S when it has never, as yet, been able to provide a secure system in 40 years of trying?[/QUOTE]
No need to emphasize on just one developer in this respect as there is no such thing as a secure OS. To be secure, the only working solution is to disconnect from the net which not too many of us wants to do.
To say that an operating system able to communicate on the net is safe is short-sightedness at best. You may be right for the time being, but only as long as the OS you are using fly below the radar. Once it gets a large enough user base, security holes gets exploited as ‘secure’ in this context only means that the holes are not discovered yet.