Latest FIRMWARE for Sony DRU-835A

Hi! Guys.

Can anybody plz tell me which is the latest firmware for Sony DRU-835A burner???

Thanx

Hi,

that seems to be a brand new drive on the market, so you’ll have to stick with that. But just check http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/firmware.htm regularly.

Michael

Thank You Buddy

hi guys ,

I advise you to update your 835A fireware by H652M ,

because their hardware are same .

you may try it .

Hi and Welcome,[quote=Tasking;2057943]
I advise you to update your 835A fireware by H652M ,
because their hardware are same .[/quote]It is correct that Sony DRU 835A is the same hardware as Samsung SH-S182M or its OEM twin TS-H652M. But since there are many different versions of TS-H652M firmwares, just recommending “flash 652M firmware” without telling what firmware version exactly is not a good advice at all.
Also, Sony rebadges have some features, the Samsung base drives don’t have. I am just mentioning UDMA-4 (Samsungs are UDMA-2). Next, the bundled software from Sony might refuse to work after a crossflash (which is voiding the warranty btw).

Additionally, to you really think, the original poster is still interested in an answer to a question he posted one year ago?

Michael

[quote=mciahel;2057965]Hi and Welcome,It is correct that Sony DRU 835A is the same hardware as Samsung SH-S182M or its OEM twin TS-H652M. But since there are many different versions of TS-H652M firmwares, just recommending “flash 652M firmware” without telling what firmware version exactly is not a good advice at all.
Also, Sony rebadges have some features, the Samsung base drives don’t have. I am just mentioning UDMA-4 (Samsungs are UDMA-2). Next, the bundled software from Sony might refuse to work after a crossflash (which is voiding the warranty btw).

Additionally, to you really think, the original poster is still interested in an answer to a question he posted one year ago?

Michael[/quote]

yeah ,you are right . but you know DVD writer of IDE is no problem ,specially 835A and 652m are all MTK . if crossflash is wrong ,you may restore it again .
only a try .
For example , H652D and 830a may be crossflash correctly .

Hi,

you missed the point.:wink:
Since there are lots of 652M firmwares (also SH-S182M) out there, there is a high chance to get a firmware that is in no way better than Sony stock firmware. It might be even worse.

I personally own a SH-S182D crossflashed to TS-H652D KC03, since this OEM firmware is the only one that does not have the Lead-In problem many 18x Samsung drives suffer from.

Michael