Latest CloneDVD2 not burning

vbimport

As I mentioned in the other thread I’m using the latest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. The ripping process and creation of dvd files seems to work fine, but when it comes time to burn it remains idle.

If I redo it and have it create an .iso or dvd files it will in fact create them and then I’m able to burn them using DeepBurner Pro. If I try to write existing data using CloneDVD2 the same problem is present the burner remains idle and won’t burn.

If you could possibly help I’d appreciate it. I’m not technical so if you tell me exactly what info you need and how to find it I’ll provide all the info you need to help me.

What seems most strange is that when the software was in trial version it would rip and burn…once I purchased the full version it started having problems. No other changes were made other than registering and allowing the programs to access the internet to check for updates.

Have you tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling and then applying the key?

Yes, thanks for the suggestion…but the problem persists.

@ ilbomba,

You have started two different postings within the past 24 hours asking the same question. Double posting makes it difficult and confusing to keep track on exactly what is happing with your problem.

In your first posting titled “CloneDVD2 stopped working after trial and I bought it” Olli (The author of CloneDVD – the Guy who makes the CloneDVD software program) replied to you and stated that he thought your problem was related to a DVD media problem and directed you to a thread that provided information that he thought might be helpful to you. Perchance did you read the information that Olli provided to you? Also you never responded back to Olli but 24 hours later you started another posting and in doing so are only making solving your problem difficult and confusing.

If your problem is DVD media related suggest checking out this thread that might be helpful to you.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=980131&postcount=9

Also you state that previous trial/demo versions of AnyDVD/CloneDVD worked for you without any problems. You then purchased AnyDVD/CloneDVD and allowed the programs Internet access and updated to newer versions of AnyDVD/CloneDVD and now you are having problems with the newer version of AnyDVD/CloneDVD. Simply revert back to the older versions of AnyDVD/CloneDVD that worked for you before with out any problems.

Also you need to provide some basic information if you expect assistance in helping figuring out what the problem might be. Minimal Information Required – motherboard/video card/sound card, operating system, version of CloneDVD/AnyDVD, DVD Burner, DVD media, Name of DVD, other CD/DVD coping programs installed, other programs running in the background. (PS -This information was requested in your original posting titled “CloneDVD2 stopped working after trial and I bought it” but you never responded and have now opened another posting.) In short don’t double post.

Regards,
bjkg

I had exactly the same issue. I downloaded from the After Dawn website the latest versions of CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD. When it came to the writing phase the program just stalled. I was testing it and therefore did not have a registration key to enter. I saw that on slysofts website the versions of the two programs they had avaiable for download were earlier iterations. So I deleted the two programs from After Dawn and then reinstalled the earlier versions direct from the Slysoft web site. That did the trick. There may be a few bugs in the newest version that was available from the After Dawn web site for download. I have backed up 4 disks since then using the same medium and hardware without a problem. I subsequently purchased the registration key. Hope this helps. Gunting

I’m have the same problem but I am unable to find an older verison of the software. I didn’t see it on Slysoft.com only ver. 2.8.2.1. Could someone post a link or email me an older, stable copy of the software. Thanks
-KingKey

@ KingKey,

Could you be more specific and explain exactly what your “I’m have the same problem” is.

Suggest visiting the SlySoft Website (http://www.slysoft.com) and downloading the latest versions of AnyDVD v5.1.1.1 and CloneDVD v2.8.2.1. It has been demonstrated that these versions of AnyDVD/CloneDVD are stable and working correctly.

To ensure that you start with a clean slate delete any pervious versions of AnyDVD/CloneDVD and install the new versions of AnyDVD/CloneDVD you downloaded from the SlySoft Web Site.

Suggest lowering your burning speed and terminating all background operations especially Anti-Virus programs when burning DVDs. Also suggest checking for any SpyWare that might be inadvertently installed on your computer by using a program similar to Spybot Search & Destroy(http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html). You might be surprised to find what SpyWare has been installed on your computer. Also suggest performing minor Hard Disk maintenance by running your Disk Defragmenter (Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Defragmenter).

If after installing AnyDVD v5.1.1.1 and CloneDVD v2.8.2.1 from the SlySoft Website you are still having problem with this software re-visit this forum and Forum members will see if we can help find out what the problem is.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Well, ripping process and creation of dvd files seems to work fine, but when it comes time to burn it remains idle. It will eject the DVD and when I insert a blank DVD to write to it just stays idle. The “Please insert recordable media into drive” box doesn’t dissappear.

I have a clean image of windows XP SP2 no spyware just reinstalled image last week. I tried lowering write speed low as possible no resolution. I have never had any other verisions of the software on my computer.

In the previous posted, it seems when they downgraded to an older verison it resolved the problem. If I can’t try downgrading, let me what I need to do next to troubleshoot.
Thanks,
-KingKey

KingKey,

Probably DVD media incompatibly problem between your DVD Burner and the particular DVD media you are using.

Could you provide the manufacture name of your DVD Burner/Model Number/Firmware and also the manufacture ID and media code of you DVD media? You can determine the current firmware of your DVD burner and DVD media manufacture/media code with a software utility similar to DVDInfo Pro (http://www.dvdinfopro.com/).

Even though you have recently installed WinXP I still suggest checking for any SpyWare that might be inadvertently installed on your computer by using a program similar to Spybot Search & Destroy (http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html). You might be surprised to find what SpyWare has been installed on your computer.

Concerning DVD media incompatibly suggest viewing the below forum thread.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=136081

Best Regards,
bjkg

I don’t have any of the software you mentioned as a problem. I’ve deactivated all running processes while burning. The anydvd and clonedvd2 combo is what I’m using. The software will do the first part and create the necessary files but won’t burn it remains idle. If I create an iso or dvd files to burn with my burning software I’m able to burn but the copies it makes pauses throughout the movie.

I’ve run antivirus and spyware programs and my system is free of both. Some of the tech saavy members here criticize those of us having problems…you can think what you want but Slysoft’s tech support has been far short of helpful. When someone has purchased both programs from Slysoft they deserve adequate support from the company. I’ve requested a contact number or someone to call me to fix this problem and they’ve ignored my requests.

@ ilbomba,

You have asked Forum Members for assistance but you fail to provide any simple fundamental information about your system hardware.

From the very limited information you have provided it appears that you have an incompatibly problem between your DVD Burner and the particular DVD media you are using. Olli (the author of CloneDVD) told you that 2 weeks ago when you asked for assisting in another posting concerning the same problem. (See Forum posting http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=980281&postcount=3)

Could you please provide the manufacture name of your DVD Burner/Model Number/Firmware and also the manufacture ID and media code of you DVD media? You can determine the current firmware of your DVD burner and DVD media manufacture/media code with a software utility similar to DVDInfo Pro (http://www.dvdinfopro.com/).

Until you provide this simple information Forum Members will be unable to provide assistance to you in figuring out your particular problem. It should be noted that one week ago in this thread you were asked you for this information but you failed to respond. (See posting #4 in this thread).

You continue to be critical of SlySoft Technical Support but until you provide basic information about your DVD Burner and the DVD media you are using to copy your DVDs it will be extremely difficult to provide assistance.

Also suggest you the view the following Forum posting that pertains to DVD media problems.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=136081

Best Regards,
bjkg