Latest best burning software?

vbimport

Hi folks.
I’m setting up a new PC and would like to know what is the best burning software at present, free or otherwise.
I’ve always used Nero in the past but I note from forum posts that it seems to be so ‘heavyweight’ these days.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Most of us moved to ImgBurn a long time ago. Be careful of the installer however, and opt out of any “additional” software that is offered. The program itself is worth putting up with this minor hassle however.

Coming from Nero, you might not like the interface that much, but I am so used to it, I hardly notice anymore.

If you want an alternative, take a look at CDBurner XP.

Both of these are free programs.

[QUOTE=rim rim;2763523]Hi folks.
I’m setting up a new PC and would like to know what is the best burning software at present, free or otherwise.
I’ve always used Nero in the past but I note from forum posts that it seems to be so ‘heavyweight’ these days.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Well this will depend on what your planning to burn.

1.movies
2.data
3.music

Each one of these uses different software to accomplish what the user wants so knowing what your looking to do would help others give their opinion on what software would work for what your looking to do. And Nero after Nero 6 became bloatware and junk. Nero 6 was the last and good software Nero created but it works only on XP.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2763529]Well this will depend on what your planning to burn.

1.movies
2.data
3.music

Each one of these uses different software to accomplish what the user wants so knowing what your looking to do would help others give their opinion on what software would work for what your looking to do. And Nero after Nero 6 became bloatware and junk. Nero 6 was the last and good software Nero created but it works only on XP.[/QUOTE]

What are you on about? ImgBurn and CDBurner XP, and all other burning programs for that matter, can burn movies, data, and music. You just have to know how to use them.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2763531]What are you on about? ImgBurn and CDBurner XP, and all other burning programs for that matter, can burn movies, data, and music. You just have to know how to use them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. I have used ImgBurn in the past
,but as you rightly state the interface for doing straight CD ripping and burning was hard to master.
I’ll give it another whirl and see how I go.
Cheers.

ImgBurn is a burning and image making program, not a ripper for CD’s. It is certainly not what I’d recommend for that job.

EAC is a good CD ripping program. Use tools built for specific tasks.

The only way I’ve used ImgBurn for audio cd’s is to build cue files with it from various sources and burn the cue file to disc. As far as I am aware, ImgBurn has only two weaknesses. It isn’t meant for making audio CD’s except through cue files, and it doesn’t do multiple burns to one disc. The author has refused to add that function to the program, and for good reason.

Another good free burning program, if you don’t like either ImgBurn or CDBurner XP is AnyBurn.

Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016 (There’s even a Back To The Future fan skin available) - https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/fdl

It is even a question of OS :slight_smile:

I mostly use ImgBurn and UltraISO from time to time for all but my physical Windows XP audio ripstation. Some in this short list will probably bring many a trip down memory lane, but for the record, I still do use them all on a regular basis:

[B]Alcohol 120%[/B] 1.9.5.2802 (Not yet crippled version, Alternative to CloneCD for CD game backups)
[B]CDRDAO[/B] 1.2.3 (Andreas Mueller version, close to original at http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/)
[B]CDRWin[/B] 4.0H (Golden Hawk version, I know the ins and outs of it only too well)
[B]EAC[/B] 1.x (ripping and burning)
[B]Elby CloneCD[/B] 4.2.0.2 (still make good backups of game CDs)
[B]Feurio[/B] 1.68 (music imaging/burning, licensed for two burners)
[B]IsoBuster [/B]3.6 (for rescuing old CDs)
[B]Microsoft CDImage[/B] 2.47 (to build images with both long and short name compatibility, only tool I know doing it this way)

It goes to show that what the other’s tell you is absolutely true… What you want to acomplish determines what tool you use.

The above list is CD only apart from IsoBuster which takes even harddrives and make an image out of it, but it will not burn. It works in Windows 10, is still updated and is my “ultimate” tool for optical rescue.
For DVD & Blu-Ray I was lucky enough to get a free lifetime registration from DVDFab for their PassKey program from this site in August. It decrypts protection on the fly and so I am free to use any tool to rip DVD and Blu-ray audio (yep, die hard music fan) :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for double-posting, but I just noticed… It works on movies as well as music and the offer is unbelieveable, lasting until December 8th

[B]* A Returning Chance to Get Lifetime Passkey for DVD & Blu-ray for Free[/B]

[QUOTE=Xercus;2763553]Sorry for double-posting, but I just noticed… It works on movies as well as music and the offer is unbelieveable, lasting until December 8th

[B]* A Returning Chance to Get Lifetime Passkey for DVD & Blu-ray for Free[/B]

Not bad but when it conflicts with another of my installed software that makes trying to have two various software working hard to use.