Later conversion of VOB pass-thru

vbimport

One of my favorite features is VOB pass through. Yeah, the files are huge but it’s fast and does what I want.

That being said, some times I wish I could convert those complete VOBs to a more portable format (xvid or h.264). I doesn’t appear I can do that in DVDFab. I know I can re-rip the movie and process it from the DVD again but the VOB is there so I thought there might be a way to do it.

No way I know of within DVDFab, but there is lots of other software and freeware apps that will do it. Just google ‘convert VOB to H264’ or something similar. I use the AVS file converter suite. Not free but excellent. Again, google will show the way. I am re-ripping many that I originally made using xvid with H264 using the original DVDs; some of the conversions didn’t look very good going from xvid to H264, but the VOBs should be fine.

Signals, thanks. I can do this to xvid with a little tool I wrote. You told me once you were having great results with h.264 over xvid in DVDFab. I’ll probably just go back to the discs for those I want to compress.

Thanks again.

Signals, thanks. I can do this to xvid with a little tool I wrote. You told me once you were having great results with h.264 over xvid in DVDFab. I’ll probably just go back to the discs for those I want to compress.

Thanks again.

[quote=skingery;2080950]Signals, thanks. I can do this to xvid with a little tool I wrote. You told me once you were having great results with h.264 over xvid in DVDFab. I’ll probably just go back to the discs for those I want to compress.

Thanks again.[/quote]And thanks to you for the neat tool :clap: and for sharing it with all of the CDFreaks. I have added it to my arsenal of weapons.