Lastest Backups Won't Play On PS3

vbimport

I’ve been having a problem with backups from the last few versions of DVDFab Platinum not playing on my PS3 and one other player in my home when I have PathPlayer enabled. The movie copies fine and will play back back from HD and the burned discs will play on the computer using Windows Media Player. However, on the PS3, when you try to play the DVD, the screen goes black for a few seconds then returns to the XMB. On one of my other players, I did manage to get Daddy Day Camp playing by hitting play about 10 times. Looking at the display on the other player, it appeared that the everytime I hit play, it would go to the next track until it finally played. Once I went back and re-copied the original DVD with Pathplayer disabled, the backup played fine on the PS3, computer, and other player.

On a technical note, I always use customize mode.

So, there is still an issues somewhere that Pathplayer is making backups that won’t play on certain systems. There has been no backup that I’ve made in the past month that will play on the PS3 so the problem extends back a few versions of DVDFab. I’m not sure how to diagnose the problem in more detail to help Feng get it fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OutlawPro wrote,

“On a technical note, I always use customize mode.”

Just curious, but have you used the “PS3” profile?

[quote=t0nee1;2017044]OutlawPro wrote,

“On a technical note, I always use customize mode.”

Just curious, but have you used the “PS3” profile?[/quote]

I don’t have any suggestions for a fix, but I think he means DVD backups, not .mp4 or .avi conversions.

[QUOTE=dragon457;2017064]I don’t have any suggestions for a fix, but I think he means DVD backups, not .mp4 or .avi conversions.[/QUOTE]

You are correct.

Well then I’d say it’s most likely a media prob…
What media are you using?
My PS3 plays Verbatim SL and DL media w/o probs and some Memorex( they were a gift) lol…
Also try ripping with Fab and burning with IMGBurn, it might help!..

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2017150]Well then I’d say it’s most likely a media prob…[/QUOTE]

Definately not a media problem. Like I said, I can burn with Pathplayer disabled and it works fine. It’s an issue with Pathplayer.

Well since you’re “definately” sure it’s not media related,then I’m definately out trying to help…good luck! :rolleyes:

Hey, I appreciate anyone trying to help. I’m a little confused with the rolling eyes though. If it’s not a media problem then it’s not one. If I backup 10 movies with Pathplayer on and they don’t play on the PS3 and another player, then I turn around and backup the same 10 movies with Pathplayer off, using media from the same spindle and they all play, it’s straight forward a Pathplayer problem.

As an aside, the PS3 also plays Philips media flawlessly, as does any other player I’ve ever stuck them in. I have over 300+ backups on Philips media and have never had an issue except with one bad disc.

OutLawPro
Youare right about PathPlayer is whats giving the issues with PSP,…PathPlayer is a feature that is use by Standalone DVDPlayers NOT mobile devices and should be disabled when using any DVD to Mobile modes…well at least during the convertion phase anyway.
I myself always have it disabled (never use the “Jump to” feature so it is not needed) and I dont have problems with backups on my PSP ever :cool:

PS3 is not the same as PSP - i think his problem is with DVD to Dvd , not with DVD to mobile

[QUOTE=cybmole;2017251]PS3 is not the same as PSP - i think his problem is with DVD to Dvd , not with DVD to mobile[/QUOTE]

Yes, I’m backing up to a DVD using Customize mode. I’ll just send support the files from a backup and they should be able to track down the problem. I know that Daddy Day Camp had a ton of empty titles on it after I backed it up.

Stormjumper,
Have you used 4.1.0.2 to backup to your PSP? If so, what format are you converting to, so that the files transfer and play successfully? Maybe I should just disable pathplayer?
Thanks,
Joe

[QUOTE=joeyg;2018840]Stormjumper,
Have you used 4.1.0.2 to backup to your PSP? If so, what format are you converting to, so that the files transfer and play successfully? Maybe I should just disable pathplayer?
Thanks,
Joe[/QUOTE]

Hi Joe
Sorry just updated to version 4.1.0.2,…thought I had already updated to the latest version but was not.
Anyway there is a problem within the .THM file that DVDFab produces,…I normally use another program to do my convertion to PSP anyway the program I do use only creates a folder with the name of the movie tittle which contains the video file and the .THM file…and never have any issues
DVDFab on the other hand creates to many folders for me like
Folder1(Movie tittle)->Folder2(MP_ROOT)->Folder3(100MNV##) then the video and .THM files
IMHO all those folders are unnessery when al you have to have is the video and the .THM files in the movie tittle folder inside the VIDEO folder.
I think the problem is in the THM structure,…but again I’m no techie …just knows what works for me.
and until Ting gets this issue worked out I will keep using my other program,…always nice to have a few tools in the box

Thanks, StormJumper…I’ll kepp an eye out for an update.