Last sector problem

Hi,

I’ve searched through the forum for this question but i wonder if i miss some setting in Nero.
When burning an ISO file all goes well, no errors in the quality check and scandisk.
But when I burn a large divx (still within the official capacity of the cdr) all goes well either except for 1 thing, the last sector always shows up unreadable.

I burn with finalize, no multisession and DAO (no need for overburning)

These are the cd-r i use:

Manufacturer : Taiyo Yuden
Code : 97m24s01f
Disc Type : CD-R
Usage : General
Recording Layer : Dye Type 1: Long Strategy (Cyanine, AZO)
Recording Speed : n/a
Capacity : 79:59.73
703 MB
Additional Capacity : n/a
Overburn Capacity : 82:34.31 (725 MB)

is this last sector a real problem?

Greetz

its just nero. i always get this when burning svcds or burning in TAO. dont worry about it.:slight_smile:

I don’t - I did until I completely removed Nero (and reg entries) and performed a fresh install with no update upon update - which leads to other problems for some people.

I raised this issue long ago, in that the last sector was red but the file binary compared at the command prompt level.

As stated, now every data (normal + Divx), vcd, svcd, DOA or TAO passes all green with no slowdowns on good discs. I only get very occasional slowdowns or yellow sectors during the scan with crap tdk, princo, e-Proformancem, cd’s.

Can’t say if you follow the above your problem will go away - it worked at home and at work for me.

Ice’y