Last Numbers of liteon drives

vbimport

Hi all,
i have buyed a liteon iHAS424-32 and it is a rebranded optiarc (don’t show jitters and scans only 5X quality scans).

Can i know how can see if a liteon drive is a rebranded storage?
For example, i have found a iHAS424-08 , this drive is a “pure” liteon that show the jitter and scans at 4X? Reliable quality scans?

What are this ended numbers? 32 , 08 , 98 etc
and is possible with these numbers to know the chipset?

Please help me, i don’t want to buy another optiarc.

Thanks

Drives ending in -08 or -09 are Lite-On drives (MediaTek chipset).

Drives ending in -32 or -98 are Optiarc drives (NEC chipset).

[QUOTE=negritude;2463990]Drives ending in -32 or -98 are Optiarc drives (NEC chipset).[/QUOTE]

Are you sure, negritude?

In this review over at [I]cdrinfo.com[/I] they show the [B]-32[/B] as having the Mediatek chipset:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=25680

ozar is not possible,
i have a iHAS424-32 and it scans (quality) only at 5X and don’t show the jitter, and is not possible to set others functions that in mediatek chipset are allowed.
The “pure” liteon show the jitter too.

In that link there’s the 324 i’m talking about 424.

[QUOTE=Vercingetorige;2464112]ozar is not possible,
i have a iHAS424-32 and it scans (quality) only at 5X and don’t show the jitter, and is not possible to set others functions that in mediatek chipset are allowed.
The “pure” liteon show the jitter too.

In that link there’s the 324 i’m talking about 424.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the clarification, Vercingetorige. I missed that you were asking about the [I]424[/I]. This makes me wonder, though, why the 324-32 would have Mediatek and the 424-32 would have NEC. I’m finding all this mixing of chipsets and model numbers to be overly confusing and disturbing.

[QUOTE=ozar;2464000]Are you sure, negritude?

In this review over at [I]cdrinfo.com[/I] they show the [B]-32[/B] as having the Mediatek chipset:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=25680[/QUOTE]

That review shows the -A version.

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2464188]That review shows the -A version.[/QUOTE]

So that means there is actually a -32 A (MediaTek) and a -32 Y (NEC), depending on the model? :doh:

I guess. Check the label on the drive to be sure…

I’m beginning to think we need to open up any drive and take a look before we purchase, because this is all getting overly confusing. :stuck_out_tongue:

How about -19 drives? Any information?