Last chance

vbimport

This is the problem that I,m having with my DVDRW that I’m down to my last chance with my region setting and like to put it back to reg1 but It wont let my. If anyone knows of what I could do I would be very greatful. Thanks

DISCINFO VERSION : 1.5.5.9
VENDOR : DVDRW
MODEL : IDE1008
REVISION : 0159
VENDOR SPECIFIC :

LOADING MECHANISM : Tray
SERIAL NUMBER :
NUMBER VOL. LEVELS : 256
BUFFER SIZE : 2048KB
INTERFACE : ATAPI
RPC2 SCHEME : YES

USER CHANGES : 1
VENDOR CHANGES : 4
CURRENT REGION : 2

ANALOG AUDIO PLAY : YES
COMPOSITE OUTPUT : NO
DIGITAL PORT-PORT1 : NO
DIGITAL PORT-PORT2 : NO
READ UPC CODE : YES
MULTISESSION READ : YES
MODE 2 FORM 1 : YES
MODE 2 FORM 2 : YES
READ ISRC CODE : YES
READ BAD CODE : NO
BUFFER UNDER-RUN : YES
MT. RAINIER : NO
CAN READ CDR : YES
CAN READ CDRW : YES
CAN READ CDRM2 : YES
CAN WRITE CDR : YES
CAN WRITE CDRW : YES
CAN TEST WRITE : YES
CAN READ DVD-ROM : YES
CAN READ DVD-R : YES
CAN READ DVD-RW : YES
CAN READ DVD-RAM : NO
CAN READ DVD+R : YES
CAN READ DVD+RW : YES
CAN WRITE DVD-R : YES
CAN WRITE DVD-RW : YES
CAN WRITE DVD-RAM : NO
CAN WRITE DVD+R : YES
CAN WRITE DVD+RW : YES
MAX CDR READ SPEED : 40
MAX CDR WRITE SPEED: 40

Hi and welcome at CDF,

You can fash your drive with a RPC1 firmare from The Dangerous Brothers to make it region free.

cya

H3rB3i Thanks for the repley back.
This is the dvdrw that I have. Micro Advantage 8dvdrw-b13 I have tryed region killer and so fourth, and still won’t read any disks. bios says it’s there but won’t read. I would like to know how to git the vinder to flash back to region 1. vender still has four, but I’m locked out so I cant even use the last one for the user. Is there some thing special that I have to do to get in to the firmwear to do this. Thank’s for the help

Hi,

DISCINFO VERSION : 1.5.5.9
VENDOR : DVDRW
MODEL : IDE1008
REVISION : 0159
VENDOR SPECIFIC :

Your Micro Advantage 8dvdrw-b13 is a OEM BTC DRW 1008IM with Firmware version 0159 which is the latest BTC frimware for this drive. When you say “It still won’t read any disks” does this mean that you have the same probelem with Data-DVD and CDs?
If this is the case then you may have another problem with your drive. Please let us know.

It won’t read anything. It shows in windows. And if I try to boot from it my post shows that its there but still won’t read any kind of disks. I dont have power dvd install at this time. Dont need it to play dvd just burn. All of my burning softwears say the drive is there. But useing it to format a disk or even reading of any CD’S, DVD, Data,

Can you try the drive in an other PC? Would be interesting to see if it is the same!

yes I did put it in my back up PC and the same problem. Windows say’s its there And Bios has it and going though Post, but un able to use it That’s Y I’m asking if it being locked on region 2 has something to with it.I figure that I could at least be able to boot off it with Xp.

Hmm,

I would try to flash the drive with the RPC1 firmware I suggested before. It might help. But remeber that you can loose your warranty if the flash goes bad.

Thats my problem, That I’m not sure of what flash to use?

Use the 0159 Firmware for BTC 1008IM

I have tryed the MCU Flash ver 2.72

The firmware package you download includes the firmware file and the flasher just use this.

Ok my dear friend I’ll be back in a flash ha ha. Thanks

All right I’m back stats on dvdrw reg1 no lock detected. Same problem of not able to read disk if I go to the drive in properties and cheak mark able to record and try to open. A window comes up like open page noughting in it. If I change props to uncheaked I get a no disk please inseart disk or no media. butt drive is unlocked?

Have anything changed in your sys, or are you using any special IDE drivers (such as ncforce)?

Noughting special. Just ran XP over it’s self to see what was missing. Still same stuff thou. It has to be in dvdrw.I better start to look for a replacement. The flash worked It’s back to region1 not locked. Might of done something to the drive messing with to many softwears at one time. It’s has to be the drive with it not being to read disk after post on boot up.

This is the error that I get.
Unable To Initialize Disc : Not ready - Medium not present [02/3A/01]

G’day
If you are scrapping and replacing the drive try removing the cover and clean the laser lense with some little solvent and try again. It could be your “Last Chance”