LaserLock

vbimport

I needed only a half hour! :wink:

I can’t tell you how long it takes, because I used a different method (backuped OutCast 2 weeks ago):
But i think this method works only with Laserlock v.1

wie Outcast -laserlock- geknackt wurde:

1. Mit Hexeditor eine leere Datei der selben Groesse erzeugen,
    die das File Laserlok.in hat.

2. Mit Hexeditor das file laserlok.in soweit auslesen wie moeglich
    -vom Anfang und auch vom Ende her beginnend- und die Daten in
    die eben erzeugte leere Laserlok.in pasten.

3. Mit Isobuster den Datentrack ALS RAW ISO Mode1/2352 extrahieren,
    bis die CD “sperrt” - dieses ISO file als Session1.bin speichern

4. Alle Files und Ordner bis auf LASERLOK der Outcast CD2
    in ein Neues Verzeichnis extrahieren

5. In diesem Verzeichnis das Verzeichnis LASERLOK anlegen und
    dort rein die eben erzeugte neue LASERLOK.IN Datei kopieren

6. LASERLOK file und Ordner auf Attribut “versteckt” setzen

7. mit NERO ein *.nrg ISO der Daten dieses Ordners machen und das
    dann per CD MAGE in ein RAW Mode1/2352 ISO konvertieren -
    dies ist nun das Outcast.bin

8. Das Session1.bin mit Isobuster oeffnen und nachsehen,
    welche LBA Adresse (das ist die Blocknummer wo die Daten eines
    Files beginnen) die Files und Verzeichnisse haben

9. Das Session1.bin mit einem Hexeditor oeffnen und am Ende des
    files soviele neue MBs dazu einfuegen, wie auch das Outcast.bin
    gross ist

10. Die gesamten RAW Sektoren des LASERLOK.IN per Hexeditor aus dem
    Outcast.bin kopieren und per Hexeditor dort in das
    Session1.bin einfuegen, wo auch dort die LASERLOK.IN Sektoren
    beginnen
    10.Nun je nach LBA Adresse des Session1.bin der Reihe nach mit der
    niedrigsten LBA Adresse beginnend, die Files bzw. Sektoren
    die diese Files beinhalten per Hexeditor kopieren und beim
    Session1.Bin jeweils dann an die vorher eingefuegten Daten
    anhaengen.
    11.Erklaerung: Sobald die Sektoren eines Files fertig sind, folgen
    unmittelbar darauf die Sektoren der neuen Files
    12.Sind alle Files auf diese Art in das Session1.bin ISO eingebaut,
    per CDMage checken, ob alle Files nun auch wirklich am richtigen
    Ort sind - dazu mit CDMage das session1.bin oeffnen,
    ein File mit der rechten Maustaste anklicken und browse file
    waehlen. Jetzt muessen jene Daten erscheinen, die auch kommen,
    wenn man den Beginn des selben direkt ausgewaehlten files mit
    einem Hexeditor ansehen wuerde.
    13.An das Session1.bin muessen jetzt noch 300 Endsektoren angehangen
    werden. Original Laserlok CD ins Laufwerk einlegen, ISOBuster
    starten und den 1. Datentrack auswaehlen. Rechts klicken und nun:
    extrahiere von… bis… auswaehlen und die 300 letzten Sektoren
    als CDsegment.bin RAW2352 extrahieren. Das dauert je nach Laufwerk
    etwas, weil auch hier LASERLOK beschaedigte Sektoren eingebaut sind.
    Hat man dann die CDSegment.bin fertig, selbige mit dem Hexeditor
    oeffnen, kopieren und die Daten bei Session1.bin am Ende einfuegen.
    14.Die zuvielen Nullen des Session1.bin am Ende dieser Datei
    wegschneiden, bis man genau am Ende der 300 Endsektor Daten ist.
    15.Per CDMage die nun fertige Session1 bin ins Format Mode1/2048
    konvertieren:
    Track1 mit rechter Maustaste anklicken und extract track waehlen -
    dann mode1 -2048.iso waehlen
    16.Dieses neue Mode1/2048.iso kann man jetzt einfach mit Fireburner,
    cdrecord etc. brennen. Allerdings so brennen, dass nur der Track
    alleine geschrieben wird, ohne Leadin- Leadout.
    17.Nun die gesamten Audiodaten der Outcast CD2 extrahieren und
    in einem Ordner als wav speichern - in original Reihenfolge
    nummeriert.
    18.Nun mit einem Brennprogramm Audio CD auswaehlen, die Outcast WAVs
    nehmen und ebenfalls ohne LEADin LEADout auf die eben gebrannte
    Datentrack CD einfach mitdazu brennen.
    19.Ganz zum Schluss die CD abschliessen, allerdings so, dass es
    “Multisession” ist, also die CD danach noch nicht schreibgeschuetzt

ist.:bigsmile:

Can you send me a translation?

I’ve made now the translation just for you!
:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

This method is meant as an alternative of using the: “Read whole CD-Image” method. Because to read a Laserlock ‘damaged’ CD some drives need many hours and this method is really a lot faster. And I think its not good for the gears and servo’s of any drive to start and stop on thousands of corrupted sectors! The method is not that easy, but I tried to explain it as understandable as possible, and for people which are skilled it should be no problem at all! As long as no subchannel protection is used, this method also should work for Laserlock2!

How to backup Laserlock protected Discs TUT v.1 by Sam

The described methodic is based on the “read Laserlok.in with Hexeditor” trick. The idea behind is to save all files of the protected disc (on multitrack discs the data track files) “normal” to the harddisk and then make a usual ISO and burn it. Because the file laserlock.in is full of unreadable sectors, the writer of the tut said it is “easy” to read the whole corrupted file with a hexeditor within 30 minutes. This is not true and depends hardly on the used drive, and it is not necessary! Its enough to save the readable part of the file, and leave the unreadable sectors as zeroed bytes.

To create this file on harddisk, just check the file size and create an identical zeroed file with same name and size with any hexeditor, and paste the readable parts on begin and end of this file. To read the Laserlok.in from the disc use a hexeditor and select from begin and then from end as long as it is possible, then copy and paste it in the “zeroed” file on your harddrive and at least save it and set the attributes to hidden and read only. The “finetuning” with my methodic is to create the identic RAW Sectors and file structure, and because of that I used Isobuster to recreate the original “bootsectors”, LBA values, volumedescription and all the original information which are stored in the sectors #16-25.

Here now starts the detailed description of the whole process:

1. Create an empty file with your Hexeditor which has the same size like Laserlok.in

2. Read out the file laserlok.in of the orig. CD as far as possible with the hexeditor, starting from the begin and copy the data in the before created empty Laserlok.in file. After that start over to select the data as long its possible, but now starting from the end of the files data, notice the startpoint of the selected data and paste it in the laserlok.in.

3. Extract the laserlock protected CD with ISOBUSTER as far it is possible without read errors. When the errors begin, stop extraction but save the made ISO as Session.bin

4. Copy all files and folder (but not the folder LASERLOK) into an empty directory on your harddrive

5. Create in this directory the folder LASERLOK and move the before created file Laserlok.in in this folder. If the hidden Folder LASERLOK on the CD has additonal files in it (usual not, theres only Laserlok.in), copy the files from the disc into the same folder on the harddisk. Finally set all files and these folder to attributes hidden and write protected.

6. Create a RAW CD-ROM Mode1/2352 binary ISO of the content of the whole “laserlock” files and folders. You can do this with any software which is able to write the files as DataCD ISO, as example for burning it later in this format. I’ve used NERO and recorded with the option “Image Recorder” (instead of the real CD-Writer) a *.nrg ISO, and converted this with CDMage into a RAW Mode 1/2352 bin ISO.

!!ATTENTION!! Eventually this is all what you have to do!!

I haven’t tested it, but it is really possible to burn now this track (of course eventually you must burn additional CD-DA tracks after writing the data track) and it will work!

But if you want to do it really save and recreate the original as good as possible continue with the following method.:

1. Now rename this ISO to laserlock.bin - remember this name, don’t get confused with the next ISO we need. Open the file session.bin with Isobuster and check and write down, which LBA values the different files of the Disk have.

2. Close Isobuster, now open Session1.bin with the hexeditor and add as much MB of empty or zeroed bytes, so that in the end Session1.bin has the same size as Laserlock.bin has.

3. Open Laserlock.bin with the hexeditor and copy the whole data of the file laserlok.in. First you have to do a search to locate the start and endsector of the file. To do this just open the file laserlok.in with the hexeditor and check out some bytestrings on the begin of this file, do a search for the values at the Laserlock.bin and you have the “startsector” of this file. Now paste this “sectorized” laserlok.in into the session1.bin, of course directly over the same sector where
    the formerly laserlok.in started.

10.Now, depending on the LBA adresses of Session1.bin (you remember, they can be viewed with ISObuster), -starting with the file which has the next higher value as laserlok.in, and then alway the next higher, do the same procedure with all the other “sectorized” files. Locate them
inside the Laserlock.bin, copy and append them into the Session1.bin

11.Explanation: This is law in the CD architecture: Alway, if the sectorspace of one file is finished, immediatly the next following sector starts with the next files content. Don’t forget save the session1.bin at least.

12.Now, if all files are inserted into the “blank” Session1.bin, check out with CDMage if all filedata really is on the right place or adress: To do that, open Session1.bin with CDMage, select any file with the right mousebutton and now choose: ‘browse file’. Now the same data must appear on the begin, which appears if you would open the original file with the hexeditor. Because on the begin of the CD are sectors, which descripe the content of the CD, and point to the sector
where the data of these files starts.

13.Now we need to append the appropriate LeadOut Sectors to our session1.bin. Normally we have 150 or 300 (2 or 4 seconds) blank sectors as LeadOut. But I think this is only important if there are Audio tracks following the data track. And, in my case, there where unreadable sectors inside of this LeadOut, but I don’t think the protection mechanism is checking for this.

14.To find out how long exactly the Pregap is, we insert the laserlock protected CD, open Isobuster and choose the (first) datatrack. Now -right click- and select: -extract from…to…- Now we extract the last 600 sectors of the disc. Ex.: If the datatrack has 111600 sectors, we extract and save a
CDsegment.bin from 111001 to 111600. If in this region are unreadable sectors, it takes some time. Now open the segment.bin and check how big the postgap is. Search the point where the
data of the last file ends and the zeroed sectors start. Delete the sectors with the rest of the databytes, copy the remaining LeadOut sectors and append them to the session1.bin

15.O.K., now this ISO has on most places wrong sector Numbers. (this is the number after the synchronisation bytes 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 ). If your burning soft autocorrects this, you can burn the RAW ISO now direct. But if you have additional Audio tracks in the session, only write the track without LeadIn - Leadout or session closed!

16.To go save, convert the RAW 2352 ISO into Format Mode1/2048 Open session1.bin with CDMage, click track with right mousebutton and select -extract track- and choose save as
mode1 -2048 ISO.

17.Write this track with Fireburner, cdrecord or CDRWIN. (only the track, without LeadIn and LeadOut, if there additional Audio tracks!).

If there are additional Audio tracks:

18.Extract Audio tracks of the laserlock protected disc and save them as .wav files, numbered in the same order or sequence as they are written on the original disc.

19.Burn these Audio tracks additional on the new “laserlock” disc, at the write lead-in, lead-out and close session.

20.You’ve done a great job, time to enjoy! :slight_smile:

I’m trying to copy an old game with this protection, already done with UltraISO but it doesn’t even start to make the ISO, tried to copy the content onto HDD with normal Windows copy but the process stops at the end when it comes to LASERLOK.IN file. Any tips?

A new record! 15 years!

You can use IsoBuster/gddrescue, and run it overnight. It will get hooked onto dead sectors for a while.
In Iran, CDs are locked with a software, calles NegahBan CD Lock.
It puts the dummy files into a folder called !LOCK.CD.
For factory-pressed CD-ROM’s, there are copy protection rings with unreadable sectors.
One affected CD-R callled “Golhaye Behesht” from 2007 had 96 rubbish tracks. 2 to 95 are just one sector long. 96 contains some ugly repeated noise and the subcode time is around -13 minutes. The original, factory-pressed version from 2003 (193 files (191 ones with MP3) instead of 189 (187 ones with MP3) in the folder called /STICK/SOUND/, and including /Animat/handkerchief folder. The other two files are called DESCRIPT.ION (0bytes) and S433.WAV) had these unreadable copy protection rings. In both cases, the folder was called /!LOCK.CD.

CloneCD and a drive with the ability to fast skip error-sectors should do that.

@Ceym6464 also told interesting things about read retries and SCSi tricks in one of my threads.