LaserLock

vbimport

Hello,

Can anybody tell what I can do against a laserLock. It's the game desperados i wanna backup.

I've got a plextor 16/10/40a

with clonecd : here are the cd reader settings : use read subchannel data from data tracks and intelligent bad sector scanner . don ’ t read at full speed .
i ’ ve also done it once succesfully with blindread/blindwrite :extract subcodes , write in dao-pw , don ’ t read at full speed ;
use a rewritable to test, it saves you money .

I’ve read that my plextor16/10/40a doesn’t support read subchannels data. Is there an other way to back-up desperados?

Originally posted by Judy25476
Is there an other way to back-up desperados?
Sure use a crack from www.gamecopyworld.com … There’s not a whole lot you can do besides that when you don’t have a reader that can read the Subs :frowning:

I’m sorry, how can i make a copy of desperados. With an image file, or just an 1 on 1 copy. and this in combination with a crack.

i ’ ve checked the tests for your drive on www.cdrinfo.com and it should be possible to read subchannel data with your drive , but , … very slow , try it and be patient ( 1 hour ? ). like i said before , you could also try blindread/blindwrite .

cheers

Ummmm…you don’t need subs with laserlock. FES if supported & IBSS if things are really slow.

blindread/blindwrite is that a programm to use?

So i have to make an image, with CloneCD an FES enabled. And then it should worke??

Originally posted by Judy25476
So i have to make an image, with CloneCD an FES enabled. And then it should worke??
Don’t really know BlindSuite but the LaserLock settings with CloneCD that should work are:

[ul][li]Fast Error Skip
[/li][*]Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner[/ul]But like some people here suggested, use a really low reading speed to get a good result.

Does it matter if i read with my DVD-rom or my Burner, for the image file???

What DVD do you have ? I think you’re best of using your writer.

An Aopen DVD-rom…

Use your writer with the suggested settings and a low reading speed.

just for the record.

Use the settings:

• Fast Error Skip

• Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner

With these settings make an image, to hard-disk.

After that burn the image to a cd-r.

Please correct me if i’m wrong

Regards Judy

Yes. Sorry you were first pointed to using the SubChannel Data reading options… Luckily FutureProof corrected this :slight_smile:

you can find the program ( fully working , but limited in time ) at www.blindwrite.com . i ’ ve copied a cdrom who was protected with laserlock with my plextor 1210ts ( scsi )and everething was working fine . remember the settings i told you a few days ago . i ’ ve checked the supported cdrw drives at www.blindwrite.com and yours ( 16/10/40a ) is alright .
bye ,

It’s been reported in several forums that Clone was unsuccessful with Laserlock & that BlindSuite worked. This is due more to a hardware deficiency than software. CloneCD AND a good reader can defeat this prot. If your gear is defeated with one software, try another!

Originally posted by FutureProof
It’s been reported in several forums that Clone was unsuccessful with Laserlock & that BlindSuite worked. This is due more to a hardware deficiency than software. CloneCD AND a good reader can defeat this prot. If your gear is defeated with one software, try another!

agree with you , i bought a plextor 24/10/40a a few days ago and this cdrwdrive has no problems with clonecd and laserlock ,
regards ,