Laptop to T.V. Problems

vbimport

Well i wanted to connect my laptop to my T.V.
The laptop, which is pretty old, has a yellow video cable slot and a s-video one. However, the T.V. i want to connect to doesn’t have a s-video slot. I used some video cables i stole from my dvd player to hook it up. when i put it in, nothing happened. THe laptop didn’t recognize anything. Does anyone know what i have to do?:sad::sad:

[QUOTE=Applee;2033716]Well i wanted to connect my laptop to my T.V.
The laptop, which is pretty old, has a yellow video cable slot and a s-video one. However, the T.V. i want to connect to doesn’t have a s-video slot. I used some video cables i stole from my dvd player to hook it up. when i put it in, nothing happened. THe laptop didn’t recognize anything. Does anyone know what i have to do?:sad::sad:[/QUOTE]

You need to be more specific with the cables. But the yellow video cable should work if you hookup to the yellow video on TV.

Sorry Applee I forgot to mention that you need to change your monitor settings for the laptop in order to use the TV. You need to use secondary monitor

how do i change my monitor settings?

[QUOTE=Applee;2034283]how do i change my monitor settings?[/QUOTE]

That depends on what you have for graphics card. Need more info before I can tell you how to change it

it says on display settings S3 Graphics Inc. SavageMX

OK another question what windows os are you using. Right now I am on my vista pc and to get to the monitor settings you need to get into control panel by clicking it. Then click appearance, then personalization and then display settings. From here you should be able to figure out what to do. If you still not able to figure it out just post again. I not know how to use your graphics card settings since I have an ATI graphics card. This is all I know to help so I hope what I said is helpful.