Laptop only has 1 drive

On my computer, I have 2 drives, one to read and one to burn. On this new laptop I got it of course only has 1 drive. A Lite-on DVD-ram drive in a Acer Aspire 4530. DVDFab does the 1st part OK, then it asks for a blank DVD. It doesn’t allow the drive enough time to see that it has a blank dvd in it.
It beeps in about 6 seconds, and spits out the blank. All the while asking for a blank dvd. I keep pushing it back in, and it keeps spitting it out after not giving the machine enough time to see that it has a blank in there.

When I am not using dvdfab, and put a blank in there, it take other programs about 20 seconds or more to realize that it is a blank.

How do I make DVDFab give the drive more time to see the blank?

Most likley not a DVDfab issue. Try updating the firmware of the drive.

[quote=ramtek;2201214]On my computer, I have 2 drives, one to read and one to burn. On this new laptop I got it of course only has 1 drive. A Lite-on DVD-ram drive in a Acer Aspire 4530. DVDFab does the 1st part OK, then it asks for a blank DVD. It doesn’t allow the drive enough time to see that it has a blank dvd in it.
It beeps in about 6 seconds, and spits out the blank. All the while asking for a blank dvd. I keep pushing it back in, and it keeps spitting it out after not giving the machine enough time to see that it has a blank in there.

When I am not using dvdfab, and put a blank in there, it take other programs about 20 seconds or more to realize that it is a blank.

How do I make DVDFab give the drive more time to see the blank?[/quote]
Not sure it is a firmware issue as stated above, most likely it has to do with DVDFab doing a second scan to verify the blank disc status.
try just ripping to the HDD then using that as the source and see what happens.