Laptop mouse

vbimport

I have an Acer Aspire laptop about 1 1/2 years old. The mouse quit. This is about the third laptop I have had that the mouse quit. I always just used a mouse with a usb cable. Kind of defeats the pupose in some ways. Is it a big job to fix this problem, I have worked on a lot of desktops but never went inside a laptop.Thanks for any help.

Can you try a different usb port and see if that helps. Check device manager to see if usb is okay? Is your power pack powering laptop or are you running on battery.

If anyone runs across this problem, there is a simple way to correct it , if the pad was inadvertently turned off, first find the key that turns off the mouse, it is on the top set of keys usually looks like a finger on a pad, on mine it is F7,different for other makes. then at the same time press that key and the F2 key, just found this on Yahoo, I didn’t even know there was a button to disable the mouse. Got all kinds of answers from others on Yahoo, many saying it was unfixable and this one person had this procedure and it worked. Probably this is one of the more common reasons why the mouse stops working. Hope this helps anyone in the future.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2628365]If anyone runs across this problem, there is a simple way to correct it , if the pad was inadvertently turned off, first find the key that turns off the mouse, it is on the top set of keys usually looks like a finger on a pad, on mine it is F7,different for other makes. then at the same time press that key and the F2 key, just found this on Yahoo, I didn’t even know there was a button to disable the mouse. Got all kinds of answers from others on Yahoo, many saying it was unfixable and this one person had this procedure and it worked. Probably this is one of the more common reasons why the mouse stops working. Hope this helps anyone in the future.[/QUOTE]

I have a HP laptop. And my mouse pad has a on/off switch just above the key pad. I use a wireless mouse for my laptop. So I keep the switch in the off position.

Mr. Bill :iagree:

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2628341]I have an Acer Aspire laptop about 1 1/2 years old. The mouse quit. This is about the third laptop I have had that the mouse quit. I always just used a mouse with a usb cable. Kind of defeats the pupose in some ways. Is it a big job to fix this problem, I have worked on a lot of desktops but never went inside a laptop.Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

Since the laptop is 1.5 years old, you can probably get a “for parts” one on evilbay for cheap or the part of one with the touchpad for even less. Many newer laptops have the touchpad integrated into the case. There are many sites that detail how to dismantle a given laptop. Most aren’t that difficult to replace parts for anyone with a little mechanical ability. Just take lots of photographs as you take it apart.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2628341]I have an Acer Aspire laptop about 1 1/2 years old. The mouse quit. This is about the third laptop I have had that the mouse quit. I always just used a mouse with a usb cable. Kind of defeats the purpose in some ways. Is it a big job to fix this problem, I have worked on a lot of desktops but never went inside a laptop.Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

It seems like you fixed this problem, but working on Laptops is not that difficult as long as you have the correct information. The Mouse Pad should not break that easy, to replace it you just take the Laptop apart and replace the Pad. All the connections are small and with patience the fix is easy. :cool: