Laptop freezes and screen fades to black

vbimport

Hello,

I had this problem with my really really stupid Fujitsu Simense Esprimo Mobile V5545… which is a crap model I can assure you… sometimes, the laptop just freezes and strange colors appear at the monitor, and slowly goes into black…

I noticed that this happens more when viewing videos online, sometimes while playing video games, and some times without any reason, it just freezes…

I had a XP Profissional operationg system, I faced the problem there lots of time, until one time, the system files got corrupted, and XP wouldn’t load, I lost everything…

Now I have vista, and I face the same problem… it’s frustrating… the laptop had the problem since I first bought it (September last year)… it’s a matter of time until the system crashes…

Please tell me what can be done… apart from sending it to the Fujitsu service… as I need the laptop and repairing it will take forever, that if it works at all…

P.S. Don’t you ever buy a Fujitsu Siemens Notebook, they are the worst…

Thank you :slight_smile:

So it sounds like it could be more than one thing, but if your lucky its just a bad stick of ram. Try booting the PC to a copy of Memtest86+ Link. Make a bootable floppy or CD with one of the ISO files, you can burn the CD using IMGburn (free) if you don’t have a floppy drive. You should be able to run for two full passes or more without any errors (they show in red).

Thank you for your reply, probably it’s the Ram, if I were lucky that is…

I will try to do what you said in the next few days and see what will happen

Thanks for your help

Also check the manufacture site they might have had reports of the problem your describing as well. So never forget to check the manufacture site.

Have had exactly the same problem with Esprimo. Last year it was under repair for 6 weeks (!) and the motherboard and video card were replaced. Two weeks later, same problem! I tolerated it for several months but now it occurs daily (sometimes more often). Have written to Fujitsu - await response.

Online search suggests possibly it is a backlight fault or the inverter (apparently both cheap to replace). I want an answer and a fix asap without having to send it away for 6 weeks with my business disrupted.

Apart from this and very weak speakers, I haven’t had problems and do quite like the machine (but should have bought the Toshiba I was keen on).

[QUOTE=briangdixon;2538850]Have had exactly the same problem with Esprimo. Last year it was under repair for 6 weeks (!) and the motherboard and video card were replaced. Two weeks later, same problem! I tolerated it for several months but now it occurs daily (sometimes more often). Have written to Fujitsu - await response.

Online search suggests possibly it is a backlight fault or the inverter (apparently both cheap to replace). I want an answer and a fix asap without having to send it away for 6 weeks with my business disrupted.

Apart from this and very weak speakers, I haven’t had problems and do quite like the machine (but should have bought the Toshiba I was keen on).[/QUOTE]

I have sent the laptop to fujitsu, it seems that the freezing broke the hard drive… it is going to be replaced, but till now, nobody knows what is the real problem, I really don’t think it’s the backlight, as the laptop doesn’t respond to keys (for example, trying to shut it down using the keyboard).

I will post here if fujitsu finds the solution, business is going wrong because of this…