Laptop - external or internal burner option?

vbimport

im at a predicament

i dont know but i may need a new burner for my laptop, atm i have a gsa t11n atm, it will burn +dl dvds at 2.4x,

im looking at mcc04 for single layer and mkm 001 for 2.4x dl or mkm 003 if i get an 8x drive, im not too sure on the dl media option, anyway

i dont know whether to

a] stick with what ive got
b] get a new internal 4x/8x burner
c] get a new external 4x/8x burner

i already use a second internal 320gb hdd in the optical bay which i switch out when burning

advice wanted!

[QUOTE=al4x;2046003]im at a predicament

i dont know but i may need a new burner for my laptop, atm i have a gsa t11n atm, it will burn +dl dvds at 2.4x,

im looking at mcc04 for single layer and mkm 001 for 2.4x dl or mkm 003 if i get an 8x drive, im not too sure on the dl media option, anyway

i dont know whether to

a] stick with what ive got
b] get a new internal 4x/8x burner
c] get a new external 4x/8x burner

i already use a second internal 320gb hdd in the optical bay which i switch out when burning

advice wanted![/QUOTE]

What is the original spec of your your laptop. That might help use to recommend or find out what your situation is? How big is your original HDD? Have you tried to upgrade your HDD before getting the 320G HD? If you burner is still working update its’ firmware is all you need. I would for one recommend keeping the burner in the laptop for portablility and less combersome packaging. Even if you buy 8x media you can burn it still at 2.4x speed but that depends alot on the software you will use and what control it gives you to control burn speed also the drive itself will limit the burn to its internal control as well. Only time you should get a new burner if your current burner is dying or not burning as it did when you first got it. Laptop burner cost a little more then the desktop burner granted they aren’t expensive but if it still works keep using it. But until we get the specs of your laptop we can’t do much??

its pretty good,

dell xps m1710
core 2 dup t7600g 2.33ghz @2.86ghz
4gb ram 667 pc2-5300
512mb 7950 GTX
primary 160GB 7200rpm 8mb buffer hdd
2ndary 320gb 5400rpm hdd/ gsa-t11n dvd±RW (+DL 2.4x)

I say keep what you have for burning when you’re portable and get an external to keep at home for better quality/faster burns, all slim drives are pretty mediocre so IMO its not worth the money to upgrade as long as yours still works. and if you know you will be doing a bunch of burning you can always bring it with you

so stick with what i have currently then it seems