Laptop does not start up when turned on

vbimport

I have a problem with my Laptop when turning it on. I left the laptop on standby mode and closed the lid. When I came back to it, the laptop wouldnt load back to the desktop and i tried to reset the laptop but the laptop wouldnt start up as usual. The laptop is Compaq Presario V3000, info that may help.

If anyone has any idea on whats going on or knows how to solve this problem, any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

need more info what do you mean wouldn’t start backup or wouldn’t startup. Do you mean that you did not see any lights on the laptop, did not see anything on the screen at all, or windows did not start.
Also did you plug it into ac power.

To wake it up try AC power as suggested or try removing and then reinstalling the battery.
Works when mine does this.

[quote=samlar;2112427]need more info what do you mean wouldn’t start backup or wouldn’t startup. Do you mean that you did not see any lights on the laptop, did not see anything on the screen at all, or windows did not start.
Also did you plug it into ac power.[/quote]

Well when I opened the lid of the laptop, the screen was black and the lights of the sound buttons, etc were a light. So I decided to hold on the power button to turn off as I could not access desktop to turn off safely. When I turned it back on, the lights of the laptop were on as usual but the screen was black and windows did not start up at all. Yes I plugged the laptop into ac power.

[quote=jflan;2112474]To wake it up try AC power as suggested or try removing and then reinstalling the battery.
Works when mine does this.[/quote]

I tried to take out the battery, put it back in and restart the laptop but still its the same stated above.

Toogle the Fn key and the f8 key to restore the screen. (Hold the Fn key push the f8 key, might have to do it a couple of times)