Laptop DL DVD burner died, help me pick new one

Hello everyone,

this is my first post and i’m sorry it’s a cry for help…

I have Acer Aspire 5920G that came with HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N and couple days ago my dvd burner died… Beside the fact that i can’t burn any DVD-s anymore, it won’t even burn CD’s, or read DVD’s… All it does is reading CD’s… and that’s not enough for me :frowning:

So to cut to the chase, i need advice from expert what to buy…
In my local stores i found these available:

NEC AD 7593A
NEC AD 7633
NEC AD-7593S LF
NEC AD-7633S LF

Since I’ll be travelling from Europe to USA every couple months because work on a cruiser, can you advise which one from the 4 above should i pick because i need it region free if possible.

Thanks alot in advance, hope my next post will be more contributing and not desperate call for help :stuck_out_tongue:

Regards

I may also need a new laptop burner!
anyone out there buy 1 recently
chime in please. :flower:
I know :doh:, I’ll go check out this section :Burner User Reviews and Comments
when I wake up.thanks dave;)

Hi, [QUOTE=iblueees;2299813]
So to cut to the chase, i need advice from expert what to buy…
In my local stores i found these available:

NEC AD 7593A
NEC AD 7633
NEC AD-7593S LF
NEC AD-7633S LF

Since I’ll be travelling from Europe to USA every couple months because work on a cruiser, can you advise which one from the 4 above should i pick because i need it region free if possible.[/quote]Then check http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com if one of these drives is listed.
7593A and 7593S may be the same drives, but with different interface (P-ATA/S-ATA). A S-ATA drive won’t fit if your laptop has P-ATA interface (and vice versa).

Michael