Laptop Dies (HDD fail)

vbimport

Hi! Please tell me if im in the right forum.

So My laptop died (Like in my last forum)
And Im trieng different ways to forse it to work, Flashing bios, reinstalling Windows, Making my own O.S. (not a good idea)e.t.

So i have found out that It was my hard drive that failed. It completly destroyed windows and it somehow had an effect of bios. Bios now wouldn’t let me start up cause it put the HDD in POST. Now Im wondering if i should buy a new HDD (They come cheap these days) or i should try something i never tried before. I could try to flash BIOS but im wondering if it could be done from one of those little cards that you put in your camera (My laptop supports those). But My laptop never had the black screen of death. Is it worth the risk?

Does any one have any idea what to do? :confused:

If your HDD is dead then they only way for it to work is replace it with a new one and reload your OS.

Yes, that is true. But my guess is that it’s the motherboard or the integrated video card. The resson i suspect that its the motherboard is because if i remove the 2 cards (ram i believe) i donot hear any beaps or clicks. I suspect the video card because if i unplug the fan and turn it on i hear a high pitch virr comming from the video card.

Help!!! :bow:

Your going to damage it beyond repair the way you are going, replace the failed HDD and reinstall the operating system.

Alright, alright…
I’ll try that.

OMG!!! I have found a short in the moBo. In the strangest place ever. The cd DRIVE!!! its 6 out of around 35 pins shorted. It was very hot so it lest a small indent in the MoBo. Can a short in the cd rom fry the HDD and possible the mobo itself?

OMG!!! (again…) My mOBO has the contacts near the CMOS battery burnt too. What do i do ?

Buy a new one and do not take it apart, the one you have burned up is not repairable without the right tools.

well i have the right tools (i think), I have a soldering iron (small enogh for the contacts), a POST chip (USB (Its arriving today)) and thats it…

PS. I have already desoldered the CMOS battery and several other stuff… :slight_smile:

Well good luck then…

he he…

Nope, clearing CMOS didn’t help at all.

Get the complete specifications of the motherboard and hopefully you can find some things to tweak. But if components already have been shortened or nearlt burnt i don’t think you can exepect stable results ever on this thing.

Im not shure what you mean by saying

Get the complete specifications of the motherboard

Do you mean the names of all components and the motherboard id? and no the 2 shorts were near the cd drive and the bios battery. Far away from all major components…

[QUOTE=vlad4242;2467379]Im not shure what you mean by saying
Do you mean the names of all components and the motherboard id? and no the 2 shorts were near the cd drive and the bios battery. Far away from all major components…[/QUOTE]
Model and type number plus current bios version.