Laptop cooler

[qanda]This thread is about the Dell Inspiron 1525. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Question i have: With a ‘laptop cooler pad’ with 2 fans, should the air blow into the bottom of the laptop thus blowing over the internal parts and being removed by internal computer fan exhausting? Or, should the ‘laptop cooler pad’ suck air from bottom of laptop? any suggestions? tc

Hi and Welcome!

of course the fresh air should be “blown” into the laptop.
But I wonder if such a solution is really needed with the Inspiron 1525 :confused:

Michael

Actually i have the inspiron 1520 ,and according to nurmerous reviews of this laptop, it supposedly runs quiet and cool. This particular laptop i have runs rather warm and has since day one. I’ve had ,without exagerating,
100’s of BSOD. Have upgraded video card, memory, bios, etc etc to no avail. Since using this laptop cooler (blowing into the bottom of laptop), i’ve had no BSOD. With the cooler on, all my internal temps are around 30 C, peaking at 47 C. and as I said laptop stays and doesn’t crash on me. Out of warranty with Dell. And for the entire first year, while under warranty, Dell gave me very little help for many blue screen crashes. Needless to say, i’ll never buy another DELL. Fact, just got back with a new HP, which now gives me 4 working laptops, with oldest (Emachine) being a 2007 model. By the way, the 3 other laptops run much cooler then this Inspiron 1520. Perhaps it’s just this particular computer. Oh well, as long as the Blue Screens stop, I’m happy . thanks for your response:
Tom C

Well, I have no problem with my Vostro 1500, which is the same hardware as Inspiron 1520 :confused:
I guess, there is something wrong with the thermal contact between CPU and cooler. It’s a pity, Dell support was not able to fix that :frowning:

Michael

Well, I have no problem with my Vostro 1500, which is the same hardware as Inspiron 1520 :confused:
I guess, there is something wrong with the thermal contact between CPU and cooler. It’s a pity, Dell support was not able to fix that :frowning:

There is a service manual online (http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1520/en/sm/index.htm) in case you want to dismantle your laptop in order to improve the cooling :wink:

Michael