Laptop Burner Only Burns Up to 75 Minutes

vbimport

Hi, I’ve been using my aunt’s Acer laptop computer and for some reason the Matshita burner only seems to burn up to 75 minutes on 80 minute Taiyo Yuden CD-R discs. I’ve never had any burn failures as long as the total play length is no more than 75 minutes but as soon as I go over that it’s guaranteed to be a failed burn. It’s very odd and after trying to figure this out on my own I’ve turned here for help. My own desktop computer has no problem burning up to 80 minutes so I find this very odd. The burn program I’ve used on the laptop is Burrrn, but the discs also fail whenever I try to burn over 75 minutes using iTunes as well. This is the error information I get from Burrrn:

?: I/O error. : scsi sendcmd: retryable error
CDB: 2A 00 00 05 37 9D 00 00 1A 00
Sense Bytes: 71 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 09 00
Sense Key: 0x4 Hardware Error, deferred error, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x09 Qual 0x00 (track following error) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.013s timeout 180s
ERROR: Write data failed.
ERROR: Writing failed - buffer under run?
ERROR: Writing failed.

I don’t understand most of that, however I do have an idea of what buffer under run is. The thing is, I never encounter that problem as long as I keep the music under 75 minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am truly stumped as to why I am limited to 75 minutes.

Maybe the optical assembly is getting stuck at that point, limiting you to 75 minutes? does the drive make any weird noises after 75 minutes?

CD-R offers 80 minutes of audio recording time or 700 MB of data storage. You laptop is fine, the disc is just getting full!

[QUOTE=RCM;2153083]Maybe the optical assembly is getting stuck at that point, limiting you to 75 minutes? does the drive make any weird noises after 75 minutes?[/QUOTE]

Not that I can recall. You know how there’s a noise while the CD is burning? Well that noise fades once it gets past 75 minutes as the CD stops burning and then the error message in Burrrn shows up.

CD-R offers 80 minutes of audio recording time or 700 MB of data storage. You laptop is fine, the disc is just getting full!

But I don’t think it’s normal to be full at 75 minutes. Like I said, once I’m past 75 minutes the burn is guaranteed to fail and the disc doesn’t finish. I’m really stumped and I can’t figure what would cause this.