Lame Mp3 Encoder

here is the simple problem i am having i cannot figure out how to use lame Mp3 encoder. it is my understanding that lame needs a host program to run as it is used when messing around with the program audicity. i currently use Zune or Ipod software to rip CDs to my HD but as i read all i hear is that there is Lame and then the rest so how it do i use it in conjunction with one of these programs (Zune Preferred)or do i need another?

Try cdex. An excellent free (open source) ripper that works very well with lame.

You can also try EAC (exact audio copy) which is free and works with lame.
You need to download lame and then when you download and install EAC, you have to point it to where you have put lame on your HDD.

This will allow you to rip CDs to HDD using lame to make MP3s, which you can then load onto whichever portable audio device you are going to use.

I have no idea what the Zune software is like, but I do have an iPod and know that iTunes is just irritating because it codes everthing so you can’t see what it is… unless using iTunes. Very annoying :iagree:

i guess my next question is which Ripper will give me the best ID tag? and work with Lame?

Also i have tried Cdex and it isn’t what i am looking for at all, the main reason being is cause i have to type in all the information about every single song on every single CD i don’t know if i could put up with that as i have to Rip over 1000 Cds

ok i might be wrong about cdex cause i am in a hurry but i do like the user friendly features of EAC but i am unsure about the ID tags i guess what is real important to me is the album art

[QUOTE=mongor64;1932315]Also i have tried Cdex and it isn’t what i am looking for at all, the main reason being is cause i have to type in all the information about every single song on every single CD i don’t know if i could put up with that as i have to Rip over 1000 Cds[/QUOTE]
No need. Just use the cddb database feature and the program will take care of all that for you. (It only takes a few seconds to connect and retrieve the info.)