Ladies and Gentlemen: SafeDisc 2.9 is there

vbimport

Hi everybody,

I just noticed that the latest update for IGI 2 introduces SafeDisc 2.90.40 to us. At present, there are only US and UK versions available but this should change soon. Can anybody test this new version for us? TIA!

If it was introduced with a patch, then there are no new weak sectors, right?

Sounds reasonable. Maybe they added other stuff to annoy us :wink:
I don’t have that game so I can’t check it out. :frowning:
And you’re right, the most interesting things won’t show up until we see games being rolled out with SD 2.9x on them at release time.

Er, IGI 2=what m8.

Shoey

I’m Going In if i remember correctly.

The game is called IGI Covert Strike.

The big query for me here is whether it upgrades the guard module to check whether the pre-gap has been written correctly or merely emulated.

Obviously, as alexnoe has said already, the patch can’t introduce any new weak sector patterns.

confirmed : updated igi2.exe is sd 2.90.040
backup made with Alcohol still works

That’s a good news :slight_smile:

The big query for me here is whether it upgrades the guard module to check whether the pre-gap has been written correctly or merely emulated.
that’s exactly the point…
can someone tell more about this? how about copies made with clonecd?

As long as i can copy it (emulated or not ) is good enough for me! It would be nice to know how to back it up on Clone CD though :wink:

still no one can confirm if it looks for the pre-gap stuff introduced with 2.8?

It seems that the new SafeDisc 2.90 only blacklists Alcohol and Daemon-Tools. There’s no other visible checks.

There are rumors that a game called “Devastation” is the first game to be mastered using SafeDisc 2.90. I can’t confirm that.

Let’s wait to see if they added new patterns to the mastered disc.

Patches will only introduce blacklisting as they can’t add new patterns.

I have the game devastation, The things so far that I have noticed are as follows: I couldn’t burn a copy with alcohol 120%, or clonecd, these were only my first attempts though. I also found a visual affect, a ring that isn’t a perfect circle. It looks almost like an oval but not pefect. I have affectly got it to run off the image using daemon tools. :smiley:

i had igi 2 but the game is a butt-shot it dosnt even work with the original cd !

It took 1 hr to install since i think even the instaler checks for the protection !

The biggest shi* is that the game wouln not detect its original dis as the original !

He thinks that the original is a copy !!!

This is the only game that i could not play even with the original disks since they always asked for the original disk even if the original was there !

It is true that i had acohol 120 and clone cd installed and nero also !