Labor Day Sales ON TY Or FTI?

vbimport

Has anyone heard of any great labor day (internet) USA sales on Taiyo Yuden or Falcon/FTI?

Duuno if they had it for labor day, but here goes:

JVC Taiyo Yuden 25GB 6x Gold LTH Blu-ray BD-R White Inkjet HUB printable - 25 pcs Model J-BDR-25WPP-25SB6L
$24.99 / +.99 shipping

I suppose it’s a good deal, since the rest of the lineup are at regular prices and this falls in-line with those… I think TY media in 25 pack are usually over $30 plus shipping

Years back in the day, I bought 100’s of the Sony white top Taiyo Yudens, but they were banded Sony " Fabrique a Japan" in 25 pack spindles, I never used them because I went to Inkjet printables. So now when I need media I have to Ebay those discs. I also bought a couple hundred of the 30 pack Taiyo Yuden Fuji Branded Tri_Color, they come 3 packs of 10 each, different colors, 30 discs to a pack. Those have the same coating as the Sonys , only they are Blue , Red and Yellow.:wink: They are all Yuden T02 + 8X media.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2698387]Duuno if they had it for labor day, but here goes:

JVC Taiyo Yuden 25GB 6x Gold LTH Blu-ray BD-R White Inkjet HUB printable - 25 pcs Model J-BDR-25WPP-25SB6L
$24.99 / +.99 shipping

I suppose it’s a good deal, since the rest of the lineup are at regular prices and this falls in-line with those… I think TY media in 25 pack are usually over $30 plus shipping

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817607059[/QUOTE]They might be TY, but friends don’t let friends buy LTH Blu-Ray media. It has poor longevity.

I found that the Sony branded TY was awesome. The Fuji I think were seconds. I still have one 50 pack of the Sony and about 3 of the 30 pack Fuji around here some where.

[QUOTE=G_Ivan Awfulitch;2698576]I found that the Sony branded TY was awesome. The Fuji I think were seconds. I still have one 50 pack of the Sony and about 3 of the 30 pack Fuji around here some where.[/QUOTE]
Hi G Ivan Awfulitch:
I really went overboard back in the day of the BenQs and all the firmware Mods that we had here, I litterally bought a few thousand, all in 25 packs of those Sonys in Staples. I thought they were the best thing since ice cream but now I dont use even one.:sad:

Hey, if you want to sell some…

I would like to get a few hundred of those myself.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2698640]Hi G Ivan Awfulitch:
I really went overboard back in the day of the BenQs and all the firmware Mods that we had here, I litterally bought a few thousand, all in 25 packs of those Sonys in Staples. I thought they were the best thing since ice cream but now I dont use even one.:sad:[/QUOTE]
Hey Alan,
The next time you decide to sell off a few packs toss me a pm and lets see what we can work out.
Thanks, budzos

We’re like vultures circling…

[QUOTE=Stereodude;2698832]We’re like vultures circling…[/QUOTE]
Here is a pic of my closet. And this is only the front closet, if I opened the other closet you would be amazed. The ones in the front are 5 packs of super Premium Plextor Taiyo Yuden T02, these were the cats meow back in the day, they were the first off the press. They are all 5 packs. All spindles and boxes were never opened.

Nice collection!

[QUOTE=Stereodude;2698839]Nice collection![/QUOTE]

Its a mess. I have to make room in the closets, between all my GPU boxes and my motherboard boxes and cooling systems and PSUs, I have no room.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2698842]Its a mess. I have to make room in the closets, between all my GPU boxes and my motherboard boxes and cooling systems and PSUs, I have no room.;)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like my basement, my wife is always complaining about it. She says I am a computer hoarder. But when somebody needs a older part, which is usually one of her friends she is quiet.
budzos

After these discs are all gone, I am going to work selling my 60 or so BenQ 1640, 1650, 1655, Plextor 740 ( BenQ1640 rebadged) Sony 810 and 810A, ( BenQ 1640 and DW1650 rebadge, and more DW 1620s and 1625s than you or anyone else could use in 10 lifetimes.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile: Yes, they are all used but most still are in the boxes, these are from the days of the Thermaltake Armour Cases that held 11 DVDRW drives in them. :wink:

Yikes! That’s a whole lot of drives! :eek:

[QUOTE=Stereodude;2698975]Yikes! That’s a whole lot of drives! :eek:[/QUOTE]
That’s only the top of one closet, if I took a picture of my attic you would think I was a hoarder.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2698978]That’s only the top of one closet, if I took a picture of my attic you would think I was a hoarder.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Thats more like planning ahead, but then I would not recognize a hoarder if
there was one right in front of me.
budzos

[QUOTE=alan1476;2698978]That’s only the top of one closet, if I took a picture of my attic you would think I was a hoarder.:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]Admitting it is the first step to recovery. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Stereodude;2698985]Admitting it is the first step to recovery. [/QUOTE]

Yo SD-

That is why [B][I]we[/I][/B] were/are known as [B][I]CDFREAKS[/I][/B]-eh!